Chapter 10

After the show, Mike stepped backstage to see Jade smiling with a very close friend, Emily, showing her the diamond right that was now complimenting her left ring finger. He smiled at her. She didn't yet know that he was there. Ryu walked by him and patted him on the shoulder, grinning at him. Mike smirked at him, wiping sweat off his forehead with a white terry cloth towel. He took a long swig from hid water bottle and took a deep breath, walking over to Jade, finally. She saw him and smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck in a deep hug. She laughed.

"You're all sweaty," she complained. He smiled at her.

"Sorry," he muttered and pecked her on the lips. "So, were you surprised?" She laughed, grinning.

"Yes!" she cried. He beamed. A crew member walked past Mike.

"Hey, great show, Mike," she called, "Congratulations!" Mike smiled.

"Thanks," he grinned, sweat still dripping down his face. He took another drink of water.

"Mike," someone called. He turned to look at them. "They want you guys to fo a signing." Mike nodded.

"Okay," he said, "We'll be out in a little bit." The guy nodded. Mike looked at Jade.

"Come on," he smiled, "You can come out with me." Jade laughed. He'd said it like she was just some other person. It made her laugh more when quite a few of the fans getting autographs went to her first. She grinned at Mike, who just laughed and rolled his eyes. Many people congratulated them on their engagement, a few people giving Mike props for such a 'sweet' touch. After about an hour and a half, they said their goodbyes and left the venue in a black SUV. They got back to Mike's house around 2 am. It had been such a tiring night. Jade fell into the fluff of the bed, waiting for Mike to get out of the shower. They had a long day ahead of them the next day as well. They were going to work more on her new album and she had an independent show in the evening: her first one. She sighed, laying on her stomach and stared at the ring on her finger. She couldn't believe were she was. A year and a half ago, she was standing on a small, stupid night club stage singing roughing written songs. Now, she was one of the nation's strongest song writers, selling over 30,000 copies of her album within the first week of it release, and laughing in the bed and wearing the engagement ring of one of the most famous emcees in the world. She heard Mike open the bathroom door behind her. She was about to roll over to look at him when a mind numbing pain shot through her stomach. She moaned loudly and held onto her torso. Mike fell to the bed beside her.

"What's up?" he asked. She shook her head.

"Stomach hurts," she muttered. He sighed and pulled her hands away from her middle. He rubbed her stomach gently and looked at her.

"Better?" he asked. She smiled and nodded. He was so sweet. He smiled and kissed her.

"I love you," he muttered, laying his head on her shoulder. She smiled and rubbed his cheek.

"I love you, too," she smiled. He sighed and turned out the lamp, wrapping his arms around her, and they fell asleep.

~*~

After working in the studio for hours upon hours the next day, Jade was transported to the venue in LA for her show. Her stomach had been hurting all day. At one point in the studio, she'd run to the bathroom and thrown up. Mike was worried, but not SO worried. He knew about nerves. He'd had them enough starting his own career. She was feeling better once she was at the venue anyway. 

Jade took a deep breath before getting ready to go out onto the stage. Mike looked at her, holding her face. He felt her forehead, putting his lips to her skin. She felt slightly feverish. He looked rather frantic.