Volume 2: Chapter 3: A Minor Hiccup

Professor Port's Class

Weiss Schnee boredly stares at a hologram of a clock with only one minute left of class.

Jaune: "So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? "

He turns to the teacher for a second, then turns back around.

Jaune: "And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know."

Finally, the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port: "And then I— Oh. Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!"

Jaune: "Weiss? Did you hear me?"

Weiss: "No, no, no, yes."

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and does a faceplant into his desk.

Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking.

Yang: "One day."

RWBY Dorm

Team RWBY back in their dorm room, where each member puts on their new outfits.

Blake: "I thought that class would never end."

Ruby: "Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!"

She then happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.