Chapter 2: New Chassis

Bullhead to Atlas

Ruby: "Look, Dad! It's Atlas Academy!"

The young girl was currently looking out the window of the Cargo Airship. After picking up Ruby and Yang from school, Taiyang told them about the trip to Solitas, the continent where the Atlas Kingdom occupied. Ruby was already eager about the trip since she gets to see BT get repaired, Yang, on the other hand, was more excited about the fact that she gets to skip school.

Qrow woke up a while ago from his drunken slumber, he was currently keeping an eye on Ruby while Taiyang was doing the same to Yang, who is taking a nap on his arm. During the trip, Ruby asked BT about his life as a Titan, BT told her all about Lastimosa, Cooper, the Fold Weapon, and even his sacrifice. Ruby was in awe of the feats he accomplished but felt bad because he lost his closest friends.

Cargo Airship Pilot: "Attention passengers, we will be soon landing at Atlas Academy. Thank you for your time."

Ruby: "You're finally gonna be repaired BT! Aren't you excited?"

BT: "I am not programmed to express emotions, but judging by your enthusiasm, I believe I should be."

Ruby's loud outburst also woke up Yang from her nap.

Yang: "Huh? What's happening?"

Taiyang: "Ruby's just excited since we're landing soon."

They've landed on the pad and the Cargo doors opened. Ruby ran outside and looked at Atlas Academy in front of her.

 Ruby ran outside and looked at Atlas Academy in front of her

Ruby: "Wow!"

Glynda: "Marvellous sight isn't it?"

Glynda walked up to the young girl. She arrived in a Bullhead that was ahead of the others.

Glynda: "Come along child, we're fixing BT remember?"

Ruby: "Okay!"

The two went over to Ironwood who was with the rest of the group.

Ironwood: "Glynda, if you may."

She then lifted BT up like last time, only this time, it was much more manageable due to the Gravity Dust Crystals on his chassis.

Ironwood: "We'll take him to one of the hangers. Our best mechanics will try their best to fix him up. Unfortunately, his technology is more advanced than ours, so we don't know the exact components."

BT: "General, I do have schematics of my chassis in a memory bank, perhaps this will help you greatly. But I believe the only other problem is finding a suitable power source for me as well."

Ironwood: "We'll figure that out later, for now, I'll accommodate you four a room for your stay here."

Qrow: "How long before BT is repaired?"