Volume 2: Chapter 8: Field Trip

Cinder's Faction's Dorm

???: "What do you mean it didn't work?!"

Cinder was currently on the phone, arguing with someone. The virus she had implanted into the Beacon network during the dance, had suddenly been erased. Mercury and Emerald were also there, watching their frustrated leader as she talked with the person on the other end of the call.

Cinder: "I said your virus was erased from the system! I thought you said that it would guarantee us information from within the academy?!"

???: "Believe me, I meant it! Atlas technology is incapable of stopping that virus. How in the world did you mess this up?!"

Cinder: "How is it my fault that something of yours didn't turn out as planned?!"

???: *sighs* "Fine, I'll take the blame for your predicament. I'll send another virus in the coming days, better than the last one. Hopefully, this one gets the job done."

Cinder: "How do you know if this new virus won't get the same treatment?"

???: "This one will be powerful enough to take over the entire Atlas network, and that network is supposedly the most secured network than the others in all of Remnant, this will not fail."

Cinder: "It better not..."

She then hangs up before heading out for a walk, intending to calm herself down.

Ozpin's Office

Following the incident in the Cross Continental Transmit System Tower, Ironwood argues with Glynda in Ozpin's office regarding whether action should be taken, disturbed by the lack of concern.

Ironwood: "They were here... Ozpin, they were here!"

Ironwood angrily slams his fist against Ozpin's desk.

Glynda: "We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James."

Ironwood: "Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!"

An alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator.

Ozpin: "Come in."

Ruby steps out and into the room.