1 - Your Highness

"A...maid?" Yoongi repeats slowly and you nod, taking another bite of bread hungrily. "For the Prince? The youngest one?"

You nod again and he snorts with laughter, causing you to glare at him. "You? A maid? Taking care of the Prince? You have got to be kidding me."

"Shut up, why are you being so mean? I'll be an amazing maid," You say defensively, kicking him under the rickety wooden table. "You're stubborn and can't stand people telling you what to do, that's the opposite of a maid's job."

"I'll be fine, I just have to bite my tongue," You shrug, getting to your feet and brushing your outfit down. "Should I wear this to the palace?"

Yoongi munches on his bread while inspecting your outfit with knitted brows. You're wearing a white ruffled shirt that's a little off colour from the work you've done in it and high-waisted black pants.

"Clean your boots," Is all he says before stuffing some more bread in his mouth. You sigh, grabbing a cloth and dipping it into a bucket of soapy water by your little house.

"Are you sure you're gonna be able to do this? The Prince might just kill you if you disrespect him," Yoongi calls out and you scowl, straightening up after cleaning your boots. "I'll be fine, I won't put my life on the line just to talk back."

"Sure you won't. Are you coming with me or going up later?" Yoongi asks, getting up and dusting himself off as well, swallowing the last of his bread. "Well, I'd rather go with you," You admit and he nods, beckoning you to follow.

A knot begins to tighten in your stomach as you and Yoongi walk through the main village and market, approaching the palace. Sellers and buyers bustle around you, the market busy and rife with noise.

Eventually, you both make it out, the path clearing as you begin walking up to the palace gates. The guards open it for Yoongi, considering he's worked there for a while. They don't question you, thankfully.

"The palace seems so much bigger now," You say, looking around at the extravagant gardens around the main path leading up to the palace steps. "You'll get used to it. Is this your first time being inside the palace?"

"Yeah, I've only ever seen the gardens with you," You say, looking over at the gardens with a smile. You've known Yoongi since you were little, and he's around 6 years older than you. He got a job in the palace at the age of 20, which is your age now. You were only 14 when he used to bring you and you thought the palace gardens were beautiful, you even wanted to live there.

Now you're older, you don't want to live in the gardens, but in the palace. The kingdom only grew grander over time and every person living down in the village dreams of the opportunity to work in the palace.

"Don't disrespect the royals, don't disrespect anyone above you and for God's sake, listen to the other maids," Yoongi says while the front doors to the palace are pushed open for you by guards. "I won't disrespect anyone, I promise. Maybe this experience will teach me to stop arguing so much."

"Take your hands out of your pockets," Yoongi says quickly and you frown at him, but still do it. "Where am I supposed to put my hands now?"

"Like, in front of you?" He says, not sounding sure himself. You outstretch your arms in front of yourself and he sighs, pushing them down quickly. "You're an idiot."

"You love me. Where do I go now?" You ask, walking forward and looking around the main hall curiously. There are four pillars in the massive room, a red carpet going four ways in between them. Two doors on the side, the front door behind you and a grand staircase that splits into two halfway up.

"Find a maid? I don't know, I'm not even supposed to be in here," Yoongi shrugs and you turn around, walking backwards as you look at him. "Does this mean you're breaking the rules for me?"