10 - Sleepy

Taehyung yawns adorably while you sort out his last dose of medicine for today. His hair is still a little messy, cheeks a rosy colour and eyes half-closed from sleepiness. He looks far healthier than before you both went out, which is strange considering how much energy it took.

"Are you tired?" You ask, pouring the medicine onto a spoon and sitting down on the side of his bed, holding it up to his mouth. "Yeah, my eyes keep closing on their own," Taehyung says before leaning forward and swallowing the medicine.

"You must be really tired to not make a fuss of taking this shit," You say, a little surprised by how easily he took it. "Aren't you tired too?" Taehyung asks sleepily and you shrug, putting the spoon on his bedside table and popping the bottle back in its box.

"Not really, I'm used to staying up late. The market's always like that on Saturdays, I've been staying up to go to it since I was a kid," You explain, turning around and looking around for where you put his schedule. Taehyung grabs your nearest hand, which is your right one.

You sigh, sitting back against the edge of his pillow so he can hold it easily, feet still hanging off the side of the bed at an angle. "I wish I grew up like you did, you had so much fun."

"It was hard work too, I always had to work in the forest with my father," You say, pressing your palms together and squeezing his hand. "Still, it must've been nice to spend that time with him."

"I guess. Most of the time I worked with Yoongi, then he started working here and I was left to work with my dad," You say and Taehyung hums, looking at your hand and pulling it into his lap, playing with your fingers like a child. "How old is Yoongi?"

"Around 26? He's old as hell," You chuckle and Taehyung glares at you for a moment. "I'm 24, am I old as hell too?"

"Yes, I didn't know you were such a dinosaur," You say, widening your eyes at him dramatically. "Oh, shut up Y/N. How old are you?"

"I'm 20, in my prime," You say proudly and Taehyung rolls his eyes. "That explains the childishness, you've barely matured past a teenager."

"Excuse you? I'll suffocate you with a pillow if you ever insult me like that again," You say, pulling your hand away from his. He just giggles, grabbing it again and pulling each one of your fingers up one by one, then letting them fall limply against his tummy through the duvet again.

"I'm only joking, stop plotting my murder. You are younger than I thought though," Taehyung says thoughtfully and you scoff, pulling your bare feet up onto the bed and bringing one knee up to your chest, wrapping your arm around it and resting your cheek on it, looking at him fondly.

"How old did you think I am?" You ask, a little bit curious. "Maybe 22? Which probably qualifies as old in your book," Taehyung says, rolling his eyes at you. You chuckle, shaking your head. "I think 24 and above is old."

"You made that up now just to call me old," Taehyung whines and you giggle, finding it cute. "You're not old, you're just not young either."

"I am a young adult, young's in the name," Taehyung says defensively and you laugh again, intertwining your fingers with his and squeezing his hand affectionately. "Sure, keep on dreaming."

"You're so annoying," He says, letting his head sink back into the pillows. "Ditto, now go to sleep already."

You try and get up, but Taehyung pulls you back down beside him by your hand. "Stay with me," He says, falling asleep as he does.

"You little—" You begin, but Taehyung just tugs on your hand some more. "Fine," You sigh, leaning back against the pillow and gently stroking the back of his hand in hopes it'll help him sleep faster.