23 - Jealousy

Taehyung shudders after swallowing the awful medicine and the girl smiles at him. "Do you want some water, Your Highness?"

He doesn't respond for a moment, not used to politeness. He's so used to you just telling him to deal with it that the offer of water to soothe the taste surprises him.

He smiles up at the girl, Yui is her name, nodding. "Yes please."

She smiles back, blushing a little as she puts the bottle away and picks up the jug of water from the bedside table, filling a glass. Taehyung glances over at the window, wondering when you'll be back. Maybe you're already back.

"Here you go, Your Highness," She says, handing him a glass of water. Taehyung sips some and puts it back on the table, letting his head fall back against the pillows. He misses you more than he should right now.

She continues searching around the bedside table while Taehyung watches the window. He can't see the gate from where he's laying, but he hopes you're walking through it right now.

"Chapstick?"

Taehyung looks back at Yui, raising his eyebrows and nodding. He's about to raise his hand to take it from her but she leans forward, pressing the chapstick to his lips gently.

Taehyung's stomach writhes in disgust as she carefully applies it to his lips, trying to resist the urge to slap her hand away. He doesn't want to fire her already, you're not winning the game that quick, but fuck, this girl is tempting him.

"Hey, asshole!"

The girl quickly straightens up and turns around at the sound of your voice, bowing to you. You narrow your eyes at her, anger building up inside of you as you look between the two. Was she just putting chapstick on him?

"Y/N," Taehyung breaks into a wide smile, just happy you're back. You continue glaring at the girl, holding a box of strawberries in one hand. Taehyung glances between you both nervously at the awkward silence.

"Uh, Yui, you're dismissed," He says, clearing his throat and looking at her. She gulps, quickly rushing out the door, chapstick still clutched in one hand. Once the door clicks shut behind her, you turn to Taehyung furiously.

"Seriously? You're such a fucking bitch," You say and he giggles, getting up and walking over to you. You scrunch your face up in disgust as his arms snake around your waist. "She's only doing her job. Are these for me?"

"No, not anymore," You say, holding the strawberries away from him as he tries to take the box. Taehyung rolls his eyes, meeting your glare with an amused smile.

"You're cute when you're angry," He says and you immediately step on his foot with all your might. "Ouch, what the fuck?!" Taehyung lets go of you immediately, stumbling back and standing on one foot, holding the injured foot in his hand. "I really hate you sometimes."

"That was just cruel. Come on, stop being so jealous," He sighs, putting his foot down again and hissing in pain a little. "I'm not jealous at all, have fun with your new nurse."

Taehyung doesn't hesitate to enclose you in a warm back hug, preventing you from leaving. "I'd rather have fun with you," He giggles, which only pisses you off more.

"Get off, you snake," You grumble, wiggling around in his embrace. Taehyung buries his face in the crook of your neck, keeping you trapped with him. You sigh, deciding to go the last resort. "Fine, I unquit."

"Huh?" Taehyung raises his face out of your neck a little in confusion. "I unquit, I'm your nurse again, now get rid of that other girl," You say, tapping your foot impatiently and glaring up at the ceiling.