11 - Third Wheel

"I want breakfast," You say, tugging on Taehyung's sleeve to get his attention. "Okay, and? What am I supposed to do about that?" He asks, looking up from his book. He's holding it with one hand, legs crossed and other hand resting on top of yours on the bench.

"Go inside with me so we can eat," You say pointedly and Taehyung tuts. "No thanks, I'm trying to avoid Sihyeon right now," He says, gaze returning to the thin paper pages of his softback book.

"But I'm really hungry, I'm about to starve to death," You say overdramatically and Taehyung hums, his fingertips resting on top of your fingernails, the palm of his hand on top of the back of your hand. "That's too bad, I really don't care."

"Stop being such an asshole," You sigh, looking around at the beautiful gardens. You've been sitting out here with him for half an hour, basking in the sunlight while he avoids Sihyeon.

Taehyung glances over at you without you noticing, gaze fixated on your side profile as you look up at the sky. His heart skips a beat unintentionally and he clears his throat, looking down at his book again. "Let me finish this chapter and then we'll go eat."

You smile, satisfied with his answer. You tilt your head back, looking up at the clear blue sky happily. It's so peaceful out here, just you and Taehyung.

"Taehyung!"

And Sihyeon.

Taehyung lets out a tiny sigh hearing the familiar voice, looking up at Sihyeon as she approaches. You pull your hand out from under his, hoping she didn't see. "Sihyeon."

"How are you? I came to see if you're doing alright now."

You look down so you don't glare at her, resisting the urge to roll your eyes at her. "I'm fine," Taehyung replies shortly and she smiles beautifully, which makes something inside of you angry. Why do you even care...?

"Splendid. Do you want to take a walk? You know...alone?"

You don't miss her glance at you and Taehyung narrows his eyes at her. "No, Y/N is my nurse, she has to be by my side at all times," He says and Sihyeon forces a smile at you. "Of course she does. We can still take a walk anyways, let's go."

Taehyung chews the inside of his cheek, standing up and closing his book. You hold out your hand to him while she turns around and he automatically grabs it. You sigh, letting go of his hand and snatching the book from him.

Taehyung smiles weakly realizing his mistake before catching up with Sihyeon quickly. The two strike up a conversation and you hold back a sigh, flicking through the pages of Taehyung's book.

The two walk on ahead and you stroll behind them, a few feet away but still close enough to reach Taehyung if something happens. You close the book and read its title with a frown.

'The Truth Untold'.

"What are you doing?"

"Fucking hell Jungkook," You swear, smacking his arm with the book. "Ouch, was just a question. Are you stalking Taehyung and his girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"You repeat with wide eyes and Jungkook chuckles, shaking his head. "No, not yet, I'm only joking. She's still just a suitor."

"She seems kinda annoying," You say quietly, looking up at them as they walk ahead of you. She's ranting about something and Taehyung is looking thoroughly uninterested.

Taehyung notices your gaze, looking back at you without Sihyeon noticing. You make the shape of an L with your fingers on your forehead and he sticks his tongue out at you before looking back at Sihyeon, who somehow didn't notice that.