22 - Tea

You close the door of Taehyung's bedroom behind yourself carefully, trying to be quiet so you don't wake him up. You breathe a sigh of relief and turn around, a squeak of surprise escaping you at the man right in front of you.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," He chuckles and you gulp quietly, mesmerized by his beautiful features. He has pretty dimples and tan skin, with shining eyes that radiate kindness.

"It's fine. Did you come here to see Tae?" You ask curiously and he smiles at you, holding his hand out for you to shake. "You must be Y/N."

"Uh, yeah, that's me, who are you?" You ask, confused as to how he knows your name, shaking his hand nonetheless. "I'm Kim Namjoon, Taehyung's brother. You're his girlfriend, right?"

You cough abruptly, not expecting that label. "No, God no, I'm his...nurse, or I was...it's a long story," You say weakly and he hums, letting go of your hand and tilting his head to the side while watching you. "I thought you two were together by now. You're just friends then."

"Yeah, friends," You say, not really sure what to say about the being together misconception. Namjoon chuckles at your uncertainty. "I see why he likes you so much. When can I visit him?"

"Well, he just fell asleep, so maybe later," You say, not wanting to wake him up considering how long you had to sit with him until he fell asleep. "Hm, alright. Do you want a cup of tea until then?"

You nod, grinning at him happily. A cup of tea is exactly what you need right now. "Sure!"

"Good, follow me. Is he at least healing now?" He asks, leading you down the hall away from Taehyung's bedroom.

"Yeah, we made up, he's doing a lot better. He wouldn't have gotten sick again at all if he just talked to me," You roll your eyes, still a little bitter about the argument despite making up. "Taehyung was never one for communication."

"Clearly not, he's shit at it. Don't tell him I said that, he'd kill me," You warn, following him into his neat study. He chuckles, shaking his head as he closes the door behind you. "I won't, though I've heard you're the girl who gets away with everything."

"Huh?" You furrow your brows in confusion, sitting down on the little sofa in the corner. "I knew it was you because you called him Tae, only you can call him that."

"How do you know all this? I haven't seen you around the palace till now," you say while he makes you some tea from the tray left by maids. "I was in Japan, but Seokjin and I still talked through letters. He told me about you the first day you started working here."

"Ah, of course he did. Why'd you come back from Japan now?" You ask, thanking him while taking the fresh cup of tea in your hands. "I was called back because Taehyung was so sick, everyone was afraid he'd die."

"Sorry for the scare," You offer him a weak smile and he laughs, sitting down at his desk and turning to you. His smile is so beautiful, the way it lights up his face captivates you for a moment. He has fluffy blond hair that falls around his eyes, a sliver of his forehead exposed to you.

"It's fine, I'm glad to be back home, and I'm glad you two made up. Taehyung seems to finally be acting his age thanks to you," He says thoughtfully and you sip your tea carefully. "Really?"

"Well, he always acts so immature, I'm surprised he actually talked with you like an adult," Namjoon hums and you shrug, yawning as you lean back against the window. "He's immature with me all the time, he just got serious because we were arguing."

"Mm...how long were you in this argument for?" He asks curiously and you think for a moment. "Well, he fired me a week ago. I refused to see him until today, then I got arrested and was forced to."