Chapter 10

Kaneki was screaming on the phone to someone. I could hear him cursing and throwing something down on the floor. I got off the bed and went towards the door and pressed my ear towards it. He was now whispering.
"I won't let her go. Not now, not ever"
"She is mine damn it, she literally belongs to me"

Who was he talking to...? I can't think of anyone honestly.
In the middle of my thinking the door suddenly slammed open on my head and I fell to the floor.
Kaneki stood over me looking down at me with a twisted grin on his face.
"Hello princess~" he cooed
I crawled backwards keeping eyecontact with him.
"W-who was on the phone?" I asked silently.
Kaneki gave me a puzzled look.
"On the phone? I wasn't on the phone my dear" he said grinning even wider walking towards me.
This is my chance...someone might be in the house right now. I can get help!
I started screaming for help and hitting my foot against the wooden floor to make noise so the person could find me.
Kaneki just stood there looking at me smiling. Not even attempting to silence me.
"Y/n, There is no one here, just you and me"
I stopped and looked at him confused. "Then who were you talking to?"
Kaneki kneeled down on the floor cupping my face pulling me closer.
"My inner demons"
I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Kaneki twitched slightly and grabbed me and threw me on the bed.

~ timeskip to night ~

Like many nights, I stare at the cieling wondering where I went wrong in life. Why me? What have I done in order to deserve this?
Kaneki was sound asleep with his arm tightly wrapped around me. I shifted to the side and his grip tightened.
I sighed and looked at the clock. 2:15 am. I laid there counting every second in hopes of falling asleep with no success.
His grip loosened and he turned to the other side. I quickly turned to the side and rolled over to the edge of the bed. Kaneki didn't notice and kept sleeping. The chains that held my foot in the bed razzled and I held my breath. Surely he must have heard that. I waited for an angry Kaneki to pull me back but nothing. He really is s deep sleeper huh? I thought to myself.

The keys were on Kaneki's nightstand, how am I even supposed to get them without waking him up? I looked around and sighed in defeat. I was about to lay back down when I saw the bobbypin on my nightstand. Maybe... I thought to myself as I grabbed it and started fidgeting with the lock. I kept going for a good 10 minutes until the lock suddenly opened. This is too good to be true...
I took the chains off silently and jumped off the bed and walked towards the door. The door creaked loudly as I opened it and I heard Kaneki mumble something in his sleep. I quickly got out and shut the door.
I grabbed a chair and put it under the doorknob to save some time in case he woke up.

I walked around the house and it was pretty clean, way cleaner than the bedroom. I opened different doors in hopes of finding an exit. I found a door in the living room that must be the exit. I opened the door and was greeted by an atrocious stench. I held my nose in disgust and stepped inside. My foot came in contact with something cold and wet. I looked for the lightswitch with my free hand and eventually found it.
I was not prepared for what I was about to witness. All over the room were torn up corpses and human remains in buckets. My eyes widened and I felt like I was about to throw up. I looked down on my foot and noticed I stepped on some entestaines and threw up. I was cold sweating and felt nauseous. I looked up again and noticed a shelf with severed heads. I was shaking. It was the heads of my family, my friends, some of Kaneki's friends that showed up to the wedding and other people I did not know. I felt tears steaming down my face. I have to leave, NOW.

(Okay readers, there will be 2 endings and I will write them below, hope at least 1 of them will satisfy you)

Ending 1.

I felt tears steaming down my face. I have to leave, NOW.

I sprinted through the living room to another door and opened it which lead to a small corridor. I kept running and opened another door. I noticed the lock and managed to open it. I ran out and felt the cold air against my skin. I started running into the forest without looking back. I kept running until I nearly lost my breath. If Kaneki finds me I'm going to die...I can't kill a ghoul, there is no way. I walked through the forest and felt my legs nearly going numb. I need to rest, but I also need to keep going. Or maybe I can hide? I looked around and saw no opportunity to hide. I kept walking further. I might as well climb a tree and hide...
I found a tree that I could climb and started climbing as far as I could. After almost reaching the top I found a thick branch to lay on and started drifting to sleep.