eleven

request for @WenKeXing5543 !

lloyd awoke when he heard plates being loudly put away, followed the sound of the vacuum blaring across carpets. finally deciding he couldn't fall back to sleep with the amount of noise, he left his room as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. he had forgotten to put his phone on charge before he went to sleep last night, so he had no idea what time it was. it was saturday, and usually his mother left the cleaning until sunday, but he just assumed she was having an off day- she had been doing that more and more recently.

he adjusted his gray sweatpants on his waist and tucked the oversized white shirt he was wearing into them, assuming it was his boyfriends due to the size.

he froze when he walked into the kitchen, spotting his father (who had supposedly left when he was 13) tidying his kitchen.

lloyd stood completely still until his dad turned around, a huge grin filling his face as he outstretched his arms.

"la-loyd! hello, son. i was in the neighborhood and thought i'd drop by." garmadon smiled, standing and waiting for his hug.

"no you-... you don't get to do this anymore, that's what we talked about last time!" lloyd stammered, furrowing his eyebrows at his father.

"this times different. im here as your father, not a guy who needs a place to stay. now son, how about we go and get breakfast together somewhere? you know i'm not a chef." garmadon rambled, moving his hands around as much as he could while he talked.

"no... i have plans with someone. dinner maybe." was all lloyd said before he went back to his room, throwing on a coat and some shoes before grabbing his phone and aggressively typing a text and slipping his phone into his pocket. with that, he stormed out of his house and made his way down the sidewalk.
——————
"why'd you ask me to meet you here of all places? must've taken you what- 20 minutes to walk here. i could've picked you up." kai hummed, taking a drag from his lit cigarette before passing it to lloyd.

"it's my stupid dad. he's come back again, clearly wants something, and then he still has the audacity to act like i don't know why he's here! he's so ignorant, always going and coming, going and coming-" lloyd cut himself off as he slipped the stick between his lips, inhaling the smoke and exhaling it slowly.

the two were sat on the edge of the cliff just out of down, usually a summer favorite because there's a lake right below so people usually would use it as a diving board, but seeing as it was early spring, it was a desert land.

"i told you last time, babe. you can't let him get to you. yet here you are, already panicking over him being here like...an hour?" kai asked, taking back his cigarette from lloyd's thin fingers to hit it for himself.

"i know that's what you said, but it's hard." lloyd whined, laying his head on the other's shoulder, his blonde hair clashing with his boyfriends olive skin.

"he hates me." kai stated, no sign of doubt in his voice whatsoever. "and i haven't even met him, which just proves how much of a dick he is. who could resist me?"

"shut up, he doesn't hate you... he's just not nice when he talks about you. you should meet him, then maybe you'd say more than 'don't let him get to you'." lloyd mimicked, putting on a high pitched girl voice for kai.

"okay. fine, i'll meet him, and if he doesn't hate me, i'll give you a prize. meeting me won't change how he feels about me." the brunette mumbled, wrapping an arm around lloyds shoulder.

"alright, i'll sort something out. you just wait for my call, okay?" lloyd smiled, standing up and turning away to walk off.

grabbing his wrist, kai pulled him back around, forcing him to face him.