Chapter 6

???'s POV

I sit on top of the church, watching as my master runs out. Knowing her, and trust me, I know her very well, she's off to save her friends from the Berserker servant. I suppose I should watch and make sure she doesn't get herself killed. It'd be a pain to have to deal with that.

Y/n POV

I run in the direction Rin and the others should have taken to get back to Shirou's house. In the path I find a large hole in the sidewalk.

'Shit! They were already attacked before I could get here.'

I close my eyes, trying to concentrate on tracking Shirou, Rin, their servants and the enemy master and servant. In the distance I can hear fighting. I open my eyes, and quickly run in the direction I heard the fighting in. Before I know it, I see Rin and Shirou arguing.

"Rin, what's going on here?" I question, already knowing Shirou must have done something stupid.

"This idiot decided to run out here despite how weak he is." Rin explains, an annoyed look on her face. "Which is a big problem because I can't kill him myself since he kept Saber from killing me earlier and I'm giving him a free pass!"

"Why don't we deal with this later and focus on actually killing Beserker and his master." I tell her plainly. Then a thought crosses my mind. "Wait, who is Berserker's master?"

"The Einzbern mage."

"That is a problem." I pause, thinking for a moment. "Shirou, you should stay with me and don't do anything. I won't be able to do much against Beserker, but I might be able to hold his master off if she attacks either of us."

"But I want to help too!" Shirou argues.

"Just listen to the girls." A familiar voice says. I turn around to see Assassin. "You won't be of much help and could potentially get yourself killed, which would be a waste since your servant wouldn't be able to partner up with any other masters and would end up dying."

"Assassin?!" Rin yells, ready to fight before I stop her.

"Rin, stop. Assassin isn't a threat." The words just fly out of my mouth, like I knew for a fact they were true.

"Indeed. If I were, I would have killed you before you knew what happened."

Rin seemed hesitant to trust her, but placed her hands to her sides anyway. I turn to Shirou to see his reaction to Assassin's sudden appearance. As I had expected, he seemed as though he was still trying to grasp the entirety of the situation.

"Why aren't you killing us? Surely your master could try teaming up with Ilya so you could easily get rid of the stronger servants and masters, then betray her when only the weak are left." Rin asks, still suspicious of Assassin.

"I don't know. I guess my master's just weird like that." The servant responds, crossing her arms with a smirk on her face. "Now, are we going to kill that monster out there before he kills Saber, or not?"

Rin stays quiet for a moment before agreeing. "Fine, but don't try anything or I'll have Archer put you 6 feet under."

"Trust me, I know you would."

Assassin seems off. For a heroic spirit who only met Rin for the first time tonight, she knew how to easily convince Rin to not have Archer kill her then and there. Either she's just that smooth and sneaky, or she's met Rin before.

We rush to where Saber and Berserker are fighting. While Rin explains to Shirou why Saber's fighting in the graveyard, I eye Assassin, making sure she wasn't trying anything funny. Her eyes, however, were not looking at the fight. My gaze follows her, finding that she was watching Ilya. "Assassin. I know Saber might not be able to kill Berserker and in cases like that, it'd be best to kill the master. However, she's a just a little girl and I have rules against killing little children."

"I do too, but this little girl is special." Assassin starts aiming her gun at Ilya. "Therefore, we must take her out now before she and Berserker takes the rest of us out."

Before Assassin can shoot, I fire a blast of water at her, knocking her gun out of her hand. At that moment, I see a flash of light in the corner of my eye. When the light's gone, I look back at the fight, seeing Berserker standing there, no longer moving. "See, you don't have to take her out! Saber managed to defeat Berserker."

"I wouldn't be too sure." Assassin says. "For now, we should hurry up and leave. I'm sure Archer has a trick up his sleeve that might just take that monster down." She takes my hand, running away from where we were standing.

As I'm about to ask Assassin what she meant, I suddenly hear an explosion behind us. Knowing the explosion was caused by Archer, I pull my hand away and run back to the scene, seeing a pit of fire with a still living Berserker in the middle. "How did he survive?! He should have died, and even if he didn't he should be dead from Archer's attack!"

"I should have known that wouldn't have been enough." Assassin says as if she had fought Berserker before.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask. "You fought Berserker before, haven't you? Who exactly are you?"

"Perhaps I should have kept my distance. Oh well, I'll just have to put you to sleep for a bit." She raises her hand up to my head, and at that moment, I black out.