Chapter 19

Y/n's POV

Assassin and I both rush to the two, Assassin standing between Emiya and Archer while I grab Emiya, helping him up. "Archer! What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Spending his life fighting for others and not himself is nothing but hypocrisy, and you know it Assassin." Archer says, readying his sword like there was going to be another fight.

"Y/n, get Emiya out of here! I'll hold Archer off as long as I can!" She orders.

I nod, turning to the gate, dragging Emiya with me. I look back once we're at the gate, to see Assassin and Archer fighting, a familiar looking book now in Assassin's hands. Not even a second later, a shock wave from one of the blasts sends Emiya and myself flying backwards, down the stairs.

The force of the blast forced Emiya from my grasp as we fell. We made it to the landing where Saber and fake assassin were, and I hit my head, causing everything to go black.

Real Assassin's POV

Shortly into our fight, Archer hits my Noble Phantasm out of my hand. "Emiya, why are you doing this?" I ask him, trying to pull out my gun as quick as I could.

"And why are you trying to defend him, Y/n?" He asks, pointing one of his noble phantasms at my throat. "We both know where my dream gets the two of us, so why?"

"Do I really need a reason?" I point my gun at him, shooting his shoulder, causing him to jump back.

I knew I was at a disadvantage. Archer had knocked my spell book away from me and he could block my bullets. I had no choice to rush to grab my book if I wanted to stand a chance, but if I did, he'd be able to run off and catch up to my present self and present Emiya, who surely didn't get far. Then Saber and the fake Assassin come to mind.

"Just go, I know I won't be able to win this fight." I tell him, turning to grab my book. I knew he had already rushed off, but I continued speaking. "Next time you turn your back on our past, however, I won't hold back."

-=Timeskip=-

Y/n's POV

I open my eyes, and see what looked to be the ceiling of my room. I sit up, instantly regretting it after my head starts pounding. Because of the pain, I bring my hand up to hold the top of it.

"You really should be more careful, Y/n." A familiar voice says.

I look over to see Lancer was by my bed side. Still holding my hand to my head. "What happened last night, and why does my-" Before I could finish speaking, the events from the previous night pop up in my mind. All the blood leaving Shirou's body as I carried him. Normally I didn't care about blood, but this bothered me since it was the blood of someone I cared about.

"Assassin brought you home, covered in blood. You had me really worried-" I interrupt Lancer, hugging him tight.

I tried my best to hold in my tears. "So much blood..." I failed, crying into Lancer's chest. "He was bleeding so much..."

Lancer seemed to hesitate for a moment before hugging me back, rubbing my back in circular motions with one of his hands. "It'll be fine. Just take your time and take deep breathes."

I do as he says, taking deep breathes as I slowly calm down. Once calmed, I pull away from Lancer. "Thank you Lancer."

"No problem Y/n." He says, helping me sit back down on my bed, sitting next to me as he does so. "You wanna talk about it?" I look back on the events of the previous night, shaking slightly. It seems Lancer saw my reaction, as he spoke again. "You don't have to if you don't want to though. I just want you to know I'm here for you."

Lancer's about to stand up, but I grab his hand, stopping him. "Don't leave. I want to tell you..." I then go on to first explain how my parents died, then how my adoptive father died, before finally going on to explain what happened last night. "After saving us, Archer had attacked Emiya. Luckily Assassin was there to help while I tried to carry Emiya away. That's where the blood came from. As for how I was knocked out, we were knocked down the stairs and I hit my head."

I look over to Lancer, to see him upset. "Lancer, are you-"

Before I could finish my sentence, he punches the wall next to him, making a hole right in the middle of my wall. "I should have been there for you. You wouldn't have been kidnapped or hurt if I was." His reaction to what happened caused my heart to drop, reasons unknown to me.

He cared about me that much? And why did it hurt to see him like this?

Hoping to comfort him the way he comforted me, I grab his hands. "Don't blame yourself. Atleast now you know you don't need to worry about protecting me 24/7. If it weren't were Caster kidnapping me, I never would have found out I had a servant." I explain, showing him my command seals.

He stayed silent for a moment, before giving me a sad look. "Why don't you rest and take the day off from school." Before I could protest, he goes into his spirit form.