Chapter 12

Y/n's POV

"To put it simply, there's another master at our school." Rin starts explaining what I was trying to explain at school, to Emiya. "It seems he's picking off students like that girl, one by one."

Emiya seems a little surprised by this new info. "Really why?" He asks, making me cringe a little.

"Is it really not obvious?" I ask, putting my cup of tea down. "He doesn't have any mana of his own that he can spare to his servant. Because of this, he needs to drain the mana from others to power his servant. It also explains why the servant you faced wasn't at full power, because she doesn't have a competent master." After explaining this, I stand up and wonder to the window, looking out of it.

"Is this true, Rin?!" Emiya asks, raising his tone of voice a little.

"Yes. He already put up a bounded field too." She confirms what I said. "Once it's activated, he can drain the mana from everyone at school."

"Not only that, but I think he planned on killing you today, Rin." I turn to my friend, my blood boiling at the thought. "I have a feeling he used that girl to lure you out, some how knowing you were still at school. I'm sure he had planned on you being alone, so when you came out, his servant could kill you and he wouldn't have to worry about you ruining his plans. What he didn't expect was for this idiot to be a master or to run out with you."

At my explanation, Rin didn't seem surprised in the slightest, instead, she seemed somber. She then turns her attention to Emiya. "Emiya, this may be unexpected coming from me, but I think we need a truce."

"You want a truce between you and me?" The boy asks, a little surprised.

Meanwhile I start heading towards to door. "Why not? After all, you two seem to be each others' lucky charms." I comment before walking out the door and their conversation.

With the two discussing the terms of their truce, I decided it would be best for me to head back to the church before my brother sent Lancer or Gilgamesh to get me. Just as I got to the front door of the Tohsaka mansion, however. 

"Where do you think you're going?" The voice of Archer is heard from behind me.

"What does it look like?" As I spoke, I pull my hand from the door handle and turn towards the servant. "I'm heading home."

"You do realize it's dangerous out there. Especially for the sister the overseer." He says, causing me to scoff. "And what about the truce? Don't you want to be apart of it?"

With his words, I let out a laugh. "You really think I don't know of the danger? That's the exact reason I don't want anything to do with this truce. I don't want to drag them further into danger than they already are, especially that Emiya kid who has no idea what he's doing." I lied. The truth was that I didn't want them to find out the truth about my family or investigate my brother's plans. If they knew, I'm sure they'd both hate me.

"Besides, their truce won't last for long. Rin and I both already know the identity of the other master at school." I say turning around to reach for the door handle.

"You do now?" Archer seemed a little smug, almost if he knew my reasons for leaving and not joining the truce.

Knowing that I needed to throw him off my trail, I decided to reveal a few hints about the other master. "Of course, there's only one person that hates Rin that much, to attempt to kill her before Emiya, who has the strongest servant class behind him, or even me. It just so happens, that he is also one of the only two children of the Matou family. Even if it was the other one, she has no reason to go after students as she has mana that she can spare to her servant. With all that, it only leads to one person." I explain, pulling the door open and stepping out. "I hope you have a good evening, Archer.