Chapter 3

Y/n POV

I stand there for a moment, unsure about what just happened before registering what Assassin had said. 'Go to the 2nd floor.' What's so important on the second floor? I guess it wouldn't hurt to check, is what I'd like to say. This is a warzone now.

I walk down the stairs, being cautious as I did. Once on the second floor, I see Rin, walking over to a dead body. I clench my fists. This was what that wicked servant wanted me to see. The only question is, why did she want me to see this?

I stand there, watching as Rin kneeled down to get a closer look at the body. She moves the body slight, gasping as she did. Curious, I moved closer, recognizing the boy when I did. Shirou Emiya. He was one of the nicest people at school. Probably one of the only people I ever considered becoming friends with.

"Oh no... Why are you here?" She raises her hands to her face. "Why did you have to pick this hour of this day to be here? What am I going to do? How can I face her tomorrow..." She then takes a look at her pendant. "Yes, there's still a way."

"Rin, you're not going to do what I think you're going to do, are you?" I ask, my voice stern.

"How else will I be able to face Sakura? She'll be completely heartbroken if I don't save him."

"Just let him die. I know it's cold of me to say it, but it'll be worse for him to live than if we let him die right now." I explain, a frown on my face. I tried to stay calm, but it was proving difficult to do so. How could Lancer take this boy's life, and Assassin make me watch as this boy died.

"I'm going to save him, no matter what you say." Rin uses her pendant to save Shirou, before she drops it and we head out.

-=Timeskip=-

I walk through the front door of the church, seeing Kirei standing at the alter. "I heard you were at the school when Lancer faced off against Archer."

"Yeah, well I had to help my friend out. I also tried to stop her from saving the boy your servant killed." My voice laced with anger.

"This is unlike you Y/n."

"I don't care. Lancer killed that boy because of you, and then Rin brought him back to suffer even more." I quickly cover my mouth.

"Rin saved the boy? I wasn't expecting Rin to take mercy on someone like that. I'll just send Lancer to kill him again."

My eyes widen. I quickly run out of the church, hoping that I could get to Shirou before Lancer. I knew it was impossible, but I couldn't let a civilian die again, atleast not on the same night.

-=Timeskip=-

"Y/n!" Rin's voice says. I look behind me to see her and Archer land behind me.

"Lancer's going after Shirou again. I don't know if we'll make it in time to save him again." I explain.

"I figured he'd come after him again once his master found out he wasn't dead."

"Y/n! Rin! Watch out, there's more than one servant here!" Archer yells before deflecting the other servant's attack, knocking Rin and I to the ground.

I blink, trying to recover from what just happened before looking at the servant. The Saber. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. Her attire, a blue dress with armor around her chest. Her weapon, an invisible sword. And must I say, she's absolutely beautiful.