• former "friend" •

MARK

I had fun yesterday cuz I got to meet her again. Emily has humor and she seems cool. I also got her number. We've been texting each other this whole morning. And I found out she goes the same school. I texted her that we should eat together at the school's cafeteria. I'm most certainly going to ask her to watch a movie with me.

Today is Friday which means the weekend starts after school and we can finally have some freedom from the exams.

• • • • •

I'm now heading over to the cafeteria of the school and I see Emily waiting for me to sit with her. I get my tray of food and sit the opposite of her. "Hi, how you doing?" She asks.
"Hi, Surprisingly good. So, I was thinking of watching some Netflix and we could grab some snacks for it after school. What do you say?" I suggest while eating. "Sounds great. I'm down." Emily nods her head and smiles, stuffing food in her mouth.

"Oi oi! Who do we got here? The loser, Mark Tuan!" Oh fuck, not now. I don't have the energy for this shit. I immediately curse in my mind. I look to my right and there stands Christopher. He's one of the few people who wasted my money and asked for more to spend. Such a great friend I had. I just wish I would never see him and his gang again.

Emily is sitting right here and I don't even know how I should react. I also don't want to cause a scene. Suddenly Emily stands up annoyed, her arms crossed. "And who the fuck do you think you are? Don't you have something better to do? We're trying to eat here." I never expected her to be so bold. Emily really is something.

"Ooh, getting a girl to defend you. A man should be able to speak for himself. What a pussy you are." Christopher mocks me with that ugly ass smirk of his. Then he goes against Emily. He points at her with his finger. "Princess, you should mind your own business. Or maybe you'd like to have some fun." Christopher walks closer to her and, she just stays quiet looking at the floor.

This is when I start to lose my temper with Christopher and I push him down to the floor. I have one hand on his collar and the other in the air ready to punch him in the face. "Mark, don't!" Emily shouts terrified. "I should give him what he deserves!" I shout back to her.

"Mark, please! You don't wanna do this. The principal is probably going to send you to a different country for your studies if he hears that you hurt someone! You're the only friend I have. I don't wanna lose you too." Emily sniffs. Oh god, don't tell me I made her cry. Did she just say what I think she said?

"What's going on? Mark and Christopher, to my office right now!"

Oh shit..