• stranger •

[One in a Million is a chilly bop y'all! LOVE IT SO MUCHH RN! I've been listening to it nonstop. You should listen to it if you haven't yet.]

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

3 AM
I was at a bar of the hotel, drinking my last drink and when I decided to get back to my hotel room. Unfortunately, my legs gave up and I almost fell. But right then I feel a grip on my right arm pulling me back to my feet. "Woah, there.. Let me help you." The guy had his other hand on my back. His face so close that our lips almost touched.

"Leave me alone, jerk! I don't need your help!" is what I say rudely to him and shove his hands off of me and start walking straight to one of the hallways. I didn't need to be so rude about it but who knows what kind of a creep he could be.

I might have had a lot to drink to even think clearly or I'm just super upset of my ex cheating on me with someone better than me. Ugh, I can't get it off my mind, I'm getting anxious just thinking about it. On top of that, family problems are bothering me too.

I feel so frustrated and angry that I keep messing my hair and I feel so low, I fall to the floor and curl into a ball while laying my back on the wall, crying my eyes out. At this point, I don't care if people see me like this.

After a while I feel a presence on my right and I turn my head that way. It's the same guy from earlier. He sits down right beside me. Gosh, this is embarrasing.. "I'm guessing you're going through a hard time." He says while resting his head back. "Sometimes things just don't go the way we want them to." Damn, has he gone through something as well? I mean, it sounds like it.

Myself not noticing how I just stare at him, he asks, "Did I say something wrong or am I attractive for you to stare at me as much?" Oh my god, what. Did I stare at him too long. Now I feel my cheeks burning up, SHIT! Not fucking now!
"I'm sorry, that's so rude of me." embarrased, I straight up apologize to him. My eyes looking at my hands instead. He seems to chuckle, "Nah, don't be. It feels good to have someone looking at me." That sounds kinda sad. Is he possibly lonely? He can't be, with that face and body he for sure has a big group of people caring about him.

I feel curiousity taking over and I decided to ask him. "What do you m-mean by that?" I stutter a little, not knowing how he would react to my guestion. He then turns his head to me after hearing it. And puts on a smile which looks rather forced, "If it's meant to be, you'll hear it some day." This guy truly confuses me. Maybe he just doesn't want to share his story to every stranger he meets, could be that.