Three

My alarm blares again.

I had ended up sleeping in late after so many snoozes, so I skip breakfast, shower quickly, and change before checking my phone.

Still on for lunch?

Yes. I reply.

I can pick you up out front, 12:15?

I didn't really want to drive my car until I had switched rides, since they obviously knew how to find me, so I agree and head downstairs.

I'm looking through my mailbox in the foyer when, yet again, Zack sneaks up on me.

"Hey, Keys." He says lowly before leaning against the counter, crossing his arms in front of him and looking me over. He looked so casual and - I stop myself, definitely not hot. Damn him.

"Don't call me that."

"You look happy."

"I just woke up, haven't had time for anything bad to happen. How is your day, neighbour?"

Zack shrugs, "Not one for the books."

"Even worse than getting beat by your neighbour at Mario Kart?" I joke.

"I didn't get to see said neighbour, so yes, worse."

I roll my eyes, "You're so dramatic." I laugh.

"You're so oblivious." He says seriously, "See you later, Keys."

"I am not oblivious." I mumble.

"Whatever you say, Zeez!" He calls and I give him the finger through the window. He laughs before walking out of view.

Damn that sexy mysterious man. His dark cargo pants and black shirt show off his muscled body. One that I know was muscled now that I've seen him in that towel. Not that I had any doubt before. Not that I'd even thought about it before.

Screw him.

I put the mail in my bag before checking my homemade apps for any intruders. Everything looked safe.

Whenever you're ready I'm out front!

Dean smiles as I climb in.

"Any places in mind?" He asks.

"Anywhere is fine."

And we were off. I don't notice any tails on the way, so I'm hoping they don't know where I live. That could end really badly.

------

We eat at a small bistro and talk. It was nice. Dean made sure I was still on for the movie and I agree before he drops me off at my apartment. I've always enjoyed talking to Dean, but today it seemed slow. We didn't laugh as much as usual.

Talking to Dean made me realize I should meet up with friends every once in a while and I make a mental note to text Jenny. I've gotten pretty secluded lately, even more than my normal introverted life. Although, Zack and I hang out and that's pretty cool. I like to think we're friends.

I needed more friends like Dean. Or more like Zack, except the jerk part. And bigger cases that took up more time. And paid more, I think as I take out my bills. But I was trying to stay in the area and that meant I needed low risk. Not that this case had done that.

I check my phone to ensure that everything was still where it should be.

This paranoia was going to give me permanent nerve damage. I had glanced out the window at lunch at least a dozen times hoping to make sure we weren't followed and nobody seemed to take an interest in us.