chapter 5

You knock the door of John's room, still thinking it's all so stupid. Nothing big happened after all.

When he doesn't answer you carefully press on the door handle and open it up a little, just so you can put your head in there. When you do, you see your brother sitting on his bed with a ciggie dangling from his mouth. He's wiping off some tears from his eyes angrily.

"I don't remember telling ya to come in." he growls and takes a drag. "Get the fuck out."

The feeling of guilt starts building up in you as you look at him. You take a step in and close the door behind you.

"Get. Out." John says even more angrily, but you ignore him. You join your brother on the bed and give him a sympathetic look, but he still haven't looked at you since you got in.

"Whatever got you so upset, I'm sorry." you say and you mean it. He huffs a sarcastic laugh in response. You stop yourself from getting irritated and observe him. "You won't even look at me, huh?" you ask and he doesn't react, just puts the cigarette back in his mouth.

That's when it hits you.

He wouldn't be so upset about that kiss, unless...

"You are in love with him, aren't ya?" you ask quietly. John sighs and gives you a sad, almost pathetic look.

That changes everything. It must have felt awful, when you, George and Paul were laughing at him. There's a moment of silence before John speaks up.

"Don't tell anyone. I'll ruin your life if you do." he says, his voice so serious it might sound scary, but definetly not for you. You are used to his "tough Lennon" behaviour.

"I won't," you reply, trying to process what you've just found out. Everything starts to make a lot more sense, for example how weird John behaved around his mate lately. But it wasn't only him, Paul seemed different too. "But you are going to. You have to tell him John!"

"Yer out of your fuckin' mind." John murmurs and shoots you another glare. "Now get out."

"No way, we are talking about this!" you protest and he rolls his eyes and lays his back on the bed in an overly dramatic way. "It's wrong to hide your feelings like that! Besides, I think he's into you too." you say honestly and John covers his ears. He starts to sing some random song loudly, so that he can't hear what you are saying. "Very mature of you, dear brother." you mutter under your breath and stand up. That's when he shuts up and sits back up.

"I will tell him, just not now. Is that okay with Her Majesty Y/n The Greatest?" he asks in a very sarcastic way and you chuckle slightly, then leave the room without replying.

"It's wrong to hide your feelings like that!"

You hear your own words as you walk back into the living room and your eyes land on George's smiling face. Skin around his eyes crinkle in the most adorable way and that huge smile of his shows his fangs looking teeth, which you love so much.

"You're back! We thought he murdered ya or somethin'!" Paul pats you on the back, when you sit next to him on the couch. "What did he say?"

"Um- nothing, nothin' that made sense anyway, he's just drunk, I guess?" you say and mentally slap yourself the second you finish. That is the worst excuse of all time. But Paul's drunkiness lets that slip away.

"Oh, that's okay." he replies, a little confused. "But we're still playing today, aren't we?"

"Why don't you go and ask him?" George finally joins the conversation and eyes you suspiciously. He knows you're lying.

Paul leaves the room and you can hear him stumbling against the stairs on the way.

"You cannot lie to me, Y/n." George glares at you and you bit your lip nervously. You know you can trust him, but you also don't want to break your promise. "You always bite yer bottom lip when yer lying."

"No I do not!" you protest.

"Yeah you do! Just tell me please!" George begs and you shake your head.

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you what's wrong. I promised I won't tell anyone." you say, giving him an apologetic look and he nods in understandment.

"John's in love with him, isn't he?" the lad asks and you chuckle. He figured it out by himself, right? You wouldn't betray John, if you gave George a simple "yes" or "no"."

"Yes." you answer, sighing. "But we're not tellin' anyone, no matter how much it sucks."

"Got it. I promise I won't tell anyone." he promises and you give him a huge, thankful smile.

You two chat for a while before the other lads join. It makes you calmer, whem you see that John seems okay now. Everytime Paul speaks, you notice how John's face expressions change. His smile seems wider and his eyes kind of sparkle like they never do when it's someone else he's looking at. You gaze at George and catch him staring at you. You see a similar expression to the one on John's face, but the difference is that the second wasn't just in your imagination. You wish George looked at you like that, that's why you see it. You see what you want to see.

Time flies really fastly until George says he has to go back home to get ready for their evening gig. Before he leaves, you borrow him your guitar like you promised earlier. He thanks you by a warm hug and you feel like melting in his arms. As you watch him walk in the direction of his house, the good mood leaves you real quick.

You can't be this close with him without being his.