Chapter 2 - Strange Day

As I was waking up I heard voices but couldn't quite understand what they were saying; I looked around and slowly pushed myself up, my head spun. My vision was clearing up, then the Doctor and Clara came to me "Hey easy, How you feeling, Ryder?" Clara said, calmly "I-I'm fine, but I feel weird" I replied, Clara and the Doctor helped me get to my feet. "What happened?" I asked, confused of what just happened "You regenerated, but you didn't change, I don't know why" The Doctor said.

'Regenerated?' I thought, I closed my eyes and I saw flashbacks of everything that had happened, I open my eyes and placed one hand on the left side of my chest and my other hand on the right side of my chest. "Oh!" I gasped, in fright. "What is it?" Clara asked, worried "I HAVE TWO HEARTS! I yelled and jumped slightly. "Ryder, calm down, it's going to be alright," the Doctor said, calmly. "Alright, it not alright!" I yelled, knowing that something wasn't normal. I walked away running a hand through my hair. I walked up the stairs, sat against the wall next to a bookshelf and hugged my knees. Clara came and sat down with me. "Hey, it's ok we will get you through this" Clara said as she put her arm over my shoulders, "Yea I guess so" I said sadly. "But, you know what you're the same as the Doctor" she said.

"What do you mean? I'm human...well...use to be human and you two are human?" I asked "I am but the Doctor's not, he's a Timelord he has two hearts just like you and he can regenerate the same way you did" she told me. "So you're telling me he's alien?" I asked, confused "Yes" Clara laughed. "Are you two alright?" The Doctor asked, popping his head around from the stairs. "Yea" Clara answered; we got up and walked back up the stairs.

As we got back to the console I yawned, "you should get some sleep, Ryder," the Doctor told me. "Alright, Um... Where do I go?" I asked, "We'll show you," he answered happily and led me down the stairs and into a hallway with Clara behind me. I zoned out on the tour. I was worried about what happened to me and what is going on inside me? These two question echoing through my head over and over, I clutched my head as I was getting a headache. "Ryder..." I snapped out of it as I heard my name being called. "Ryder, are you alright?" Clara said putting one of her hands on my shoulder and the Doctor stopped and turned to look at me "Hmm, Yeah I'm fine, just...tired" I lied, yawning. The Doctor studied my face, "Ok well I'll show you where your room is" The Doctor said.

We arrived at me room and I stood in the doorway. I was amazed when I saw my room; it was bluey-sliver colour same as the rest of the TARDIS. In my room they also was a double bed with a side table and a bathroom on the right side of the room. "Here's your room" the Doctor said handing me some PJs, with a smile on his face, "Thanks Doctor" I said as the Doctor went up the hallway back to the console, I presume. "Thanks Clara" I said, "Welcome" she said and went after the Doctor. I took my shoes off got changed into my PJs and hopped onto the bed above the quilt, I stared at the ceiling for a while just thinking how my strange day has gone, I started to close my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.