Chapter 3 - Travelling and Adventure

I slowly opened my eyes, looking around the room and I remembered where I was, still on the TARDIS. I smiled as I pushed myself up so that I was sitting up right, 'what a good night sleep' I thought to myself as I stretched my arms above my head. I moved my legs out off the edge of the bed and pushed myself off the bed, stretching again. I walked to the bathroom that was to the left of the bed; I turned the tap on, ran my hands under the water and splashed my face. Then I dried my face with a towel that was hanging on a hook on the wall. 

As I walked to the door I realized that I was still in my PJs that the Doctor had given me, "I can't go out like this" I said to myself as I tugged at my PJ top. I looked around to see a wardrobe in the corner on the room; I walk over to the wardrobe and open the doors. "Oh my stars" I said in disbelief, it was a huge walk in wardrobe with lots of levels. "Its smaller on the outside, just like the TARDIS" I laughed with excitement and ran up the stairs to the different levels. They were sorted in years, so I went to the 2015 section, I picked out a TARDIS blue top with a wolf design on it, black pants that went to the knees and a white pair of converse. "This looks alright,” I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I walked out of the wardrobe and out of my room, 'How am I suppose to find my way to the console?' I thought to myself. I was walking in circles until a voice in my head told me where to go, "Ryder, first left, second right then first right,” the voice said. I freaked out for a moment "Who's there?" I said, "Calm down, it's me the TARDIS, I have a telepathic connection with you and only you, but whatever you do don't tell the Doctor" The TARDIS said. "Gotcha" I said as I started to run taking first left, second right and first right, ‘ah, found it’ I thought as I walked up the stairs.

I saw the Doctor leaning on the console, looking at me with a smile on his face as I got to the top of the stairs. "Hello" the Doctor said, "Hi" I replied walking to the console, and sitting on one of the chairs "How did you sleep, Ryder?" he asked "Um Good thanks" I said fiddling with me fingers. We heard footsteps coming up the stairs, it was Clara "Hey" she said sheepishly, Clara walked to the Doctor and gave him a hug. "Hello" the Doctor said with a hint of a laugh, I stayed quiet.

"Hey, um don't mean to break up the moment but I would like to go home please" I said, they broke apart and looked at me then looked at each other. "Oh, are you sure? Cause we were wondering if you would want to come traveling with us?" The Doctor said. I was happy that he asked me but I was also surprised, "Yeah alright, I'm game" I said with a smile on my face. 'I was actually quite happy that they asked me to travel with them cause I would just be going to live on my own again. I have no one back home but being here with the Doctor, Clara and the TARDIS made me happy in a way. There was one thing that was still bugging me, what had happened to me? I understand that I'm an alien called a Timelord (Whatever that is) but why me I was human all my life and now I'm an alien what the hell!' I thought.

"Ok so now we have Ryder on board, where do we want to go Clara?" the Doctor asked, making me snap out of my thoughts. "Um how about Ryder chooses," Clara said looking at me. "Oh ok, hmm how about somewhere... random yet exciting?" I said. The Doctor and Clara looked at me with smiles on their faces, "Ok somewhere random yet exciting" he said as he ran around the console, pressing buttons and toggling switches. The whole place shook violently; all three of us were holding the console. My grip slipped and I luckily fell onto the chair. Then it stopped with a ruff landing, I fell off the chair and hit my head on the floor. "Ow" I winced, rubbing my head, then the Doctor and Clara started laughing (I guess ruff landings are normal for them) I laughed a little.

"Are you two ok?" the Doctor said, "Yeah fine" said Clara. The Doctor came over to me, helping me up, "Yeah I'm fine" I winched as I rubbed my head. The Doctor got out this gold & sliver stick thing with green at the end, from his pocket, "What's that?" I asked. "It my Sonic Screwdriver" he said as he scanned my head with it, "Just a small concussion but you'll be alright" he smiled as he put his Sonic Screwdriver away and helped me up. "Thanks Doctor, Now where are we?" I asked. "I don't know let's find out" he said, running to the doors, "Ready ladies?" He looked at us, holding the doors. "Is that a trick question?" I said, as we walked over to the Doctor, he opened the doors. "Wow" I said, looking out the TARDIS, "Where are we?" Clara asked. "Dragoster!" The Doctor said.