A Dinner To Die For

So, here I was back in my room laying face first on the bed. I definitely wasn't crying my eyes out or anything.

I spend the last hour trying to find a way to escape. Sneaking pass the guards, nope two are right outside my door. Building a catapult to break the wall down not gonna happen, there's not enough resources to build one.

I even though of jumping out the window, but I didn't want to take my chances on being save by a flag pole or something.

When I came to the realization that there really was no way out of this. I collapsed on my bed and in the first tine in forever I started crying.

Suddenly, my bedroom door flew open. "BOO-BABY!" Kuzco announced, I sat up my back facing him as I try to dry my eyes. "Oh, look! It's my fiance, that doesn't even know my name." I said sarcastically.

"Hey, you call me your fiance. See? We're already making progress!" He said cheerfully, I roll my eyes. I hate him so much.

"On you're feet Miss Hottie, I've invite you to have dinner with me." Kuzco said as he walk over to the bed where I sat. "I rather go hungry." I said bringing my knees up to my chest to hug them.

"As my future bride you are required to attend all social functions at my side." He told me. "Yeah, so I can sit there and look pretty! Am I even allowed to eat? Or is eating to of a risk, afraid I might get crumbs in my hair?"

"Why are you being so difficult? You were not like this when we first met." He told me, I snap my head in his direction. "WE MEET TWO HOURS AGO!"

"Yeah, whatever. Time doesn't matter. What matters is there's a dinner were suppose to be at. And you are making us run late. Don't make me summon the guards." He threatened.

"Can't you just leave me alone?" I asked him, burying my face in my knees. "Yzma, invited us to have dinner with her and Kronk, so that means you're coming!"

Now I don't like to judge a book my it's cover but Yzma doesn't look... How do you say it... stable? In fact she looks like she'll murder anyone who deals her wrong. I glance over at him. "Kuzco, are you sure this is a good idea? Yzma looked really mad about being fired."

Kuzco only snorted at my comment. "She probably just wants her old job back and this is her lame attempt at buttering me up. But hey I'm not one to turn down free food!" Kuzco then clapped his hands. "So, come on! This hungry king of the world needs food, pronto!"

For whatever reason, I slid off the bed and follow Kuzco to the winning room where Yzma and Kronk were waiting. Kuzco jerks the door open as we enter the dining room. "Boom, baby!" This guy is so extra.

He walks over to the table, spinning a chair around before sitting down. "Let's get to the grub! I'm one hungry king of the world."I sit in the chair next to Kuzco, crossing my arms and slumping down. Kuzco looks at Yzma. "So, no hard feelings about being let go?"

"None, whatsoever." She said between gritted teeth. "Kronk, go get the emperor and his bride a drink." She told her, henchman. "Drinks, riiiiiight."

Kronk goes to a table at the back of the room and pours our drinks. I could have swore I heard a poofing sound or something over there. Kronk comes back over to the table, and holds out the drink tray to Kuzco and I. "Your highnesses." Kuzco sniffs the air. "Is something burning?"

Kronk cries out hysterically. "My spinach puffs!" He sets the tray on the table and races away. "Sooooo, he seems nice." Kuzco asks Yzma, who chuckles nervously. "He is." Yzma answred. "He's, what, in his late twenties?" Kuzco asked. "I'm not sure."

There was a long moment of awkward silence. "Well this is awkward." I said breaking the silence. Yzma gestured to me. "So, how did the two of you meet?"

Kuzco shrugged his shoulders. "I picked her out of a line of ugly girls." I roll my eyes at his comment. "Yeah, right. All those other girls were way prettier than me!"

Kuzco leaned towards me and played with a stand of my hair. "You seemed more interesting than the other girls." He gave me an odd look, for some reason I felt myself becoming flustered.

"That's an adorable story, Your Highness." Yzma choked out, Kronk then burst back into the room with the spinach puffs. "Saved, them!" Kuzco sprang away from me. "Oh, that's great! Good job!"

Kronk began dishing out the spinach puffs. "Careful! They're still hot!" Yzma coughed "Ahem. Kronk, the Emperor and his bride still need their drinks."

"Oh, riiiight." Kronk said looks down at the cups, looking unsure. He raced back to the other table with drinks, once more, Yzma faceplant.

"Hey, Kronky! Is everything alright back there?" Kuzco asked him. "Sorry, the drinks are a bit on the warm side." Kronk called out. Kronk came back over with the drinks. "Hey, did you see that sky today? Talk about blue."

Yzma chuckles nervously. "Yes, Kronk, how riveting." She holds up her glass. "A toast to the happy couple! Long live the Emperor and Emperorest!"

I look at my drink unsure. I sniff it and it smell awful. I glance over at Yzma and Kronk getting the signs that you shouldn't drink this. Taking a chance, I pretended to take a long sip from my glass, never allowing the liquid to touch my lips.

Kuzco, on the other hand, drained his glass as fast as he could. "Ah, tasty!" Kuzco falls face first onto his plate. I put two and two together fast and decided to just play along. Who knows what Yzma do if I don't play dead. I closed my eyes, and let myself fall face first onto the table.

"Finally! Good work, Kronk!" I heard Yzma say. "Oh, they're easy to make. I'll get you the recipe." Kronk said thinking that Yzma was talking about his spinach puffs.

"Now, to get rid of the bodies." Yzma said, then I heard Kuzco sit back up. "Okay!" To the beat I sat back up. "Are we going to eat yet?" I said playing dumb.

"Uh...we were just making a toast to your long and..." Suddenly Kuzco ears turn into llama ears. My jaw drop as he scratch his ear not even noticing the difference. "...healthy rule."

"Right. So what are you gonna do? I mean, you've been around here a long time, and I really mean a long time. Um..." As Kuzco babbled on as he turns more and more into a llama.

I sat there stun. "Ahem." I glance over at Yzma who was sitting next to a llama cactus. She had two broccolis in her hand and was beating one on the head with the other.

"It might be difficult for someone of your age adjusting to life in the private sector. Hey, Kronk, can you top me off, pal? Be a friend? Heh heh." Kuzco then turn full llama at this point.

"Umm Kuzco...." I said trying to warn him of his new form. "Hang on sweety. Now, about you finding new work... that's... that's gonna be tough."

"More broccoli?" Kronk asked Yzma as he holds up a plate of broccoli. "Because you're... you know. Let's face it. You're no spring chicken, and I mean that in the best possible way."

I glance over at Yzma again to see her fist in her hand. I look back at Kuzco in time to see Kronk hit Kuzco on head with the plate, knocking him out. I turned around just in time to see Yzma come at me with a water pitcher, and then it was light's out.

3rd Person P.O.V
Yzma drop the pitcher and look over at Kuzco. "WHAT? A LLAMA? HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!" Kronk rubs the back of his neck unsure. "Yeah, weird."

Yzma picks up (Name's) cup to see it still full. "The peasant girl didn't drink a drop, she was just playing dumb!" She then slams it back on the table, causing some of the pink liquid to fall onto the table.

"Let me see that vial." Kronk hands her the vial, Yzma sees that the label was down and wasn't a skull but a llama. "This isn't poison. This is extract of llama. Ugh!" She throws it at Kronk's head which just bounces off.

"You know, in my defense, your poisons all look alike. You might think about relabeling some of them." He told her. "Take them out of town and finish the job now!"

"What about dinner?" Kronk asked, worry the food will go to waste. "Kronk, this is kind of important." She told him, Kronk frowns. "How about dessert?" Yzma open her mouth but pauses and thinks it over. "Well, I suppose there's time for dessert."

"And coffee?" Kronk asked happy. "All right. A quick cup of coffee. THEN TAKE THEM OUT OF TOWN AND FINISHED THE JOB!"