🍦Love, Ice Cream and Chaos🍦

You all leave the area, figuring out how to withdraw your stand. It makes a nice 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 sound, like a crystal being sharpened by a knife. Jotaro strays from the group, leaving just you and Josuke alone together once again.
Walking back into town side-by-side, your classmate turns his head to look at one of the buildings that sit to the left of you. It's almost too bright out for you to be able to read, but you can eventually make out what it says by squinting your eyes a bit.

"Ice cream..?" You tilt your head to the side before returning your focus to Josuke, who has a huge smile on his face.

"Come on! We're already right here anyways, this can be likee.." his sentence trails off, hesitating, but quickly decides that he's just gonna flat out say it. "..a little date? I-I mean- a real one this time?" Josuke seems extremely nervous, his happy demeanor quickly fading.

"𝘋𝘪𝘥- 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?" You think to yourself, immediately being able to feel your heart continuously SLAM against your chest, enough to be able to hear it in your own head. You don't think you've ever been this flustered in your life, all over one simple question.
You don't know how to respond. You WANT to say yes, but no words are able to come out of your mouth at first. Your face feels hotter than it's ever been.. your vision gets a little blurry, but you're able to blink hard and long a few times, shaking your head, to kind of.. 'get with it' again. "Y-YES!SURE!OKAY!" .... That is NOT how you wanted your response to sound.

Josuke laughs a bit, that grin returning, secretly admiring how cute you're actually being right now. He grabs your wrist and begins running towards the door, almost causing you to trip over your own feet a few times. Luckily, you both make it inside perfectly fine, despite you almost faceplanting onto the asphalt that is the road you were previously standing on. The door has a bell on the top of it, ringing once it was opened as a welcoming jingle. The walls have pink and white striped walls, and the indoor tables are metal, painted green, along with the chairs.

That was a bit sudden-

While trying to catch your breath a bit, Jojo releases his grip to walk up to the counter and order, getting two basic vanilla cones. One for each of you. The man working the register seemed nice enough, wearing a plain grey t-shirt with a green apron over it, and normal, everyday jeans. He glances over at you from where you're now sitting down on one of the tables before darting his eyes away.
Was he hoping you wouldn't notice?
Oh well.

Josuke turns around and hands you your ice cream before sitting down in the chair in front of you, not really saying anything. Your mind is still set on the guy running the shop, but decide to push it aside. You can barely focus on eating when he's right there, looking as adorable as ever.. and just when you thought your heartrate was returning to normal, it speeds up again-

He perks up a bit, still smiling "It's nice to relax for once! Right, (Y/N)? We don't even have to worry about schoolwork! Well- that's mostly because I gave up on mine, but.."

You nod, finally taking your very first lick of ice cream before responding. "Mhm.." Your tone of voice doesn't sound very much like normal.

Josuke, of course, notices. "You okay?" He's obviously concerned for you, but at the same time, questioning if he even did the right thing. Currently, he honestly thinks that his ides to come here might not have been the best now.. all he wanted was to make you happy.

You stay silent, standing up and walking over to the nearest trash can to throw away pretty much all of your dessert. For some reason, you just don't feel like eating anymore.

Josuke is visibly upset. He doesn't really care about the money wasted. What he DOES care about is your well-being. He knows something is wrong.. but he doesn't really know how to approach the situation. Ask again? Act like he doesn't notice you acting somewhat off? No, that wouldn't be right. "(Y/N).. are you okay..?" His voice cracks with sadness, almost feeling bad for repeating his question. He doesn't want to force you to answer, but he also can't just sit here and see you like this. His throat gets tight, thinking maybe he did something wrong. Josuke is.. holding back tears..