✨Healing Saves✨

You wake up suddenly after hearing a -crash- come from downstairs. Sitting up, you call out to your mom. "HEY! WHAT WAS THAT?"

No response.

You push the blankets that covered yourself away before standing up and going downstairs. You had no school today anyways, it was still the weekend (Sunday, to be exact) so staying in your pajamas wasn't so bad.
Walking down your carpeted stairs, you see your mother laying on the floor. "M-MOM?!" You frantically go over to her, crouching down next to her limp body. "C-COME ON, MOM! W-WAKE UP! P-LEASE!" You shake (M/N), but she stays unresponsive with a pulse. Bloody wounds are all over her arms and chest. "𝘋-𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨..?" You thought, still trying to get her to wake up

A sudden knock is heard at the door. You don't care enough to get up and check it right now. "WHOEVER YOU ARE, JUST COME IN!" You shout.

The door opens slowly.. you turn your head to glace at the opening, just for a moment you got a glimpse of what seems to be a teenage boy before looking back down at your fatally injured mom. "𝘐-𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘑𝘰𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘦-?" You think in a slight panic.

"Hey, uh.. (Y/N)! You left some papers at my place Yesterday! You left pretty quickly back there, so I thought i'd just bring them back here for you~"

Not even questioning how he got your address, you stutter out to Josuke "M-My mom.. s- j-just go away, o-kay?" You go back to slightly shaking her..

"Huh? (Y/N), what's going on?"

"NOTHING. JUST- PLEASE GO!"

Josuke hastily sets down your forgotten work on the kitchen counter, looking behind it and seeing (M/N) and you. It was a bit embarrassing. You really didn't want him to see you in this much of panicked state..
He quickly comes behind the counter with both of you. "Woah! What happened-?" Josuke looks down at all of your mom's wounds..

You stay silent.

"Hold on, I know what to do." Josuke crouches down beside you on the other side of (M/N), seemingly just staring but all of her injuries just.. 'disappear' within seconds.

You blink slow and hard a few times, thinking this might still be a dream or a hallucination.

(M/N) sits up, shaking her head and screaming. "C-Call 911, (Y/N)! He's going to steal everything valuable-"

"Mom, it's okay. Calm down.. the bad guy is gone." You're going along with it, despite not knowing what actually happened or how the Hell she's perfectly fine now out of no where. "Is that the cute boy you were hanging out with the other day?" Your mother said, being more calmed down.

You blush a bit. "Y-Yeah, we were just doing schoolwork, mom-"

(M/N) sits up and brushes herself off, getting back to cooking as if nothing ever happened.

You quickly tilt your head to the side, signalling for Josuke to follow you before grabbing your stuff and going upstairs to your room.
Putting your other work with the rest, you turn to Josuke. "What the Hell was that about?" You said sternly, but with a curious tone. You're not mad, just highly confused.

He puts his hands behind his head, leaning back a bit. "I uhh-"

"H-How was she just 'magically' better in like, two seconds?!"

"Hey, I have my ways, alright? Just be happy that your mom is even safe at all."

You mumble something to yourself before responding. "Fine.." You sigh and sit down on your bed, not knowing what to say next. You want Josuke to stay, but asking would probably sound kind of weird..

Little do you know, Crazy Diamond is standing right behind him, observing your room. They look pretty badass together, it's too bad that you can't see the bizarre figure.
"(Y/N), did I ever tell you that-" Josuke pauses.. not wanting to continue his sentence.

"Hm? D-Did you ever tell me what..?"

"Nothing-" Josuke looks down at the floor, a slight red tint spreads across his face.

"I- o-okay.." Damn, you almost choked on your own words there..

A moment of an awkward silence rushed over the two of you before Josuke took just a few steps closer towards you..

Still confused, you look up at him while staying seated.

"What if I don't have to tell you..? I can just SHOW you what I was trying to say!" He smiles nervously-

You shrug, not really knowing what he's talking about. "Go ahead, then I guess."

Josuke walks up to you, putting his soft hand under your chin and lifting up your head ever so slightly. He crouches down just a bit to be more at your level.

Your cheeks become extremely flushed and your heart starts pounding faster than you ever even thought was possible.

Josuke leans forward, quickly kissing you on the lips before pulling away and looking to the side

You don't know what to say. You weren't expecting that, definitely not this.. soon- but you enjoyed that so fucking much.
Still being speechless, you raise your hand to lightly touch your lips. Tears start to form in your eyes as you get so overwhelmed with emotion. Both confusion, happiness and love..

"See you at school Tomorrow! Okay, (Y/N)~?" Josuke said with a huge smile on his face before hurrying downstairs. He waves at (M/N) before leaving back to his house.

You stay sitting on your bed, slowly lowering your hand. Your face is hot with red. Not being able to process what just happened, you pass out. Luckily you're still on your bed..

(Word Count: 965)