Chapter 4

Meredith walked into Cormac's office.

"Hey Grey." he said looking up from some paperwork.

"Need some company?" She asked sitting down across from him.

"Sure, " he smiled looking up from the stack of discharge papers.

"How was the surgery?" She asked.

"It went fine. Kids in the PICU now. I'm stuck with all this though, wanna help?"

"And how would I do that?" She chuckled raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. We could make a game out of it." he suggested.

"Okay." she smirked mischievously. "Any ideas?"

"Hmm, for every Five signatures I do, you have to tell me one of you're wild stories," he said pensively.

"Hmm, okay. But then you have to tell me the story with the electric fence." she agreed.

"Deal." he nodded. 

"Okay, first story. Where do you want me to start?" she asked giggling.

"The beginning?" he half asked half said as if it were obvious.

"Hmmm, okay so lets start intern year. There's a few there. You got you're pen ready?" she asked.

He grabs his pen. "Okay"

"Okay, let's see. A male came in with a penetrating abdomen wound. A girl, Megan I believe came in with him. She had her hand in his chest." she started.

Cormac raised his eyebrows but didn't interrupt.

"She was holding a body cavity. So obviously we had to move her to surgery." she said and Cormac nodded.

"When we got a CT, we realized that the body cavity was a bomb." she looked up to see his reaction.

"What? A bloody bomb? That's insane." he said putting his pen down, now giving her his full attention.

"Yeah, she got nervous an ran. We thought the OR was going to blow up. So when everybody ducked and found shelter, I put my hand in the body cavity."

Cormacs eyes widened in shock. "Meredith! Are you insane? You could have been killed. What were you thinking?"

Meredith smiled. Her blue eyes shining brightly.  "Why are you smiling? I'm serious." he asked.

"You called me by my first name." she smiled brightly.

"No I didn't." he said shaking his head.

"Yes you did. Rewind the conversation." she tilted her head and nodded once.

Truthfully Cormac stuck to last names as a matter of respect. But Meredith was the closest thing he had to friend here.

"Youre right. I'm sorry."

"Its okay. You can call me Meredith." she smiled.

"Meredith, you know that a pretty name." he calms down.

"Eh, you get what you get." she laughs.

Meredith's pager goes off. "I have to go. I have a consult." she says. "Bye Cormac."

Before he can respond she already left. He was left smiling as he finished his work up.