Chapter One, the boy and his book.

"Akari-kun, please wake up. You've slept past breakfast again." Mrs.Ikiru said shaking a boy gently.

"Go away. I don't want to get up." The boy said coldly.

"Akari, you need to get up. All of the other kids are in the field, why don't you try talking to them?" Mrs.Ikiru said, trying to encourage the boy.

"Fine." Akari said sitting up and pushing off the blanket that wrapped slightly around him.

"Thank you Akari, I'll see you later." Mrs.Ikiru said faking a smile.

Akari lazily slide his legs off his bed. Slowly standing up he stretched his arms above his head. The small boy pushed the hair out of his face and walked out of his shared room, not bothering to change. He walked through the long halls of his 'home' lined with windows. He gazed out of the windows, momentarily stoping to look at his 'siblings'.

"Hm..." he mumbled  "what idiots."

Akari walked slowly to the only spot in this so called 'home' he didn't mind. Akari had never played with his 'siblings', he isn't fond of the 'caretakers', and was way to sullen for a ten year old boy. The caretakers had always that he just needed some time to get used to live 'here' but as time went by they knew deep down that this wasn't the case.

Akari reached his safe space, the library. That was the only place he knew what was true and what wasn't. He spent his life reading through the books and occasionally found valuable information. Some books where ripped, missing pages, or just plain destroyed due to the fact the these where all previously owned and the caretakers never bothered to sort through them. Through the books he found out about animals, places, but most importantly... his 'house.' He had put the clues together to find he was living in an orphanage. The only problem was orphanages where banned years ago, so the one he was in isn't government official, or legal for that matter.

Another thing that bothered Akari was where they got the children from. They could have been stolen from the homes for all he knew.

"Hmm" Akari though to himself 'I've never seen this book before.' The book looked rather new, with a gold title reading. "The Butterfly and I" which is what the tittle was. "I wonder if this one was any good.."

He looked over the book's cover for clues about what the story was about and noticed a few words in the back that said

"A world of wonder and curious souls for people who's world may feel empty now, will now enter a whole new world to explore.."

"Hah! This book is for the empty? This book was meant for me if it truly means what it says.. This world is full of fakes." Akari thought to himself as he read the tittle.

As Akari turned the cover, a bright yellow light shined from the pages.

"W-WHAT IS THIS?!" Akari said in fear and confusion.

(Pictures not created by us. We just found them off of google.)
(Liked this story? Follow for more!)