Flashback special - First meeting

It was a starry night.

A peaceful, serene one. One that had seldom happened in a long time, it was almost like a calm before the storm. No, correction, it was the calm before the storm. The storm symbolizes the first holy war to ever happen.

A full moon shone from the sky above. Illuminating the flowers and stones on the hill that Luna laid on. This was probably one of the last full moons she would ever see on a peaceful day. The holy war was brewing, she knew it wouldn't be long until it happened. Maybe a month?

She wasn't sure.

Luna felt the soft grass beneath her back, she closed her eyes and tried to relax. Things were more serene in the fairy realm compared to her home. Speaking about the fairy realm, it was going to be the headquarters for Stigma to enter the goddess realm.

Then, she saw a shadow coming closer to her, Luna sat up, turning towards the shape. A male fairy with stunning muti-coloured wings approached her. Luna couldn't help but stare at his wings, they were certainly the most beautiful set of wings she had ever seen. The red-head male made eye contact with her; his eyes were a shade of molten amber. Luna quickly turned away when she realized that she was staring, a tint of pink briefly washed over her face.

Gosh, what was wrong with her? Snap out of it, Luna thought, you still have a war to prepare for. But in truth, she had never got so flustered by a male before......maybe except for Mael...

A laugh broke her from her thoughts, Luna narrowed her eyes at the fairy. It was a known fact that the fairy race could read minds, so it wasn't a surprise when he (probably) read her's. As he sat down, her body tensed a little, not noticeable, no.

Only slightly......just in case.

"Please refrain yourself from reading my mind," She told him. He lay down next to her, both facing towards the starry sky. Luna's eye twitched at the movement, "I don't like it."

"I can't help it," came the reply from the male, he then turned to look at her again "Thoughts are projected to me, I can't help it," He paused a bit before continuing, "If it makes you feel better, I am Gloxinia, the first fairy king."

"Luna." The answer given was almost like a reflex now, quick as lightning, "Luna, of the goddess race."

Gloxinia offered a smile at her. Amber orbs met silver ones, he was a brave one, Luna had to admit. No wonder why he was the fairy king. His eyes would pierce into your soul, unveiling every secret that she had hid. She hardened her gaze, her pools almost radiating cold, Gloxinia seemed to notice this and quickly tore his gaze from her.

"Well, Luna of the goddess race, why did you come here?" His voice brought a sudden turn in her stomach, he was different, unusual at least, "I'm usually here alone."

"I wanted to watch the full moon, to feel at peace..." she sighed sadly, "Things may not be this beautiful, or serene for a long time."

With the impending war of races, there was no way there would be actual peace in a long time.

"I know, we can all sense it." came the dry reply.

The rest of the night was uneventful as the two lay silent next to each other.

Experiencing the quiet atmosphere, together.

Hihihihiihih, I am sorry for the overly long break..and yeah, editing is almost done. But my mid courses are coming up soooo I won't be able to update as much. Anyways THANK YOU FOR THE 100+ VOTES AND THE 2.5K READS!!! Y'all this means so much to me! This is a special chapter for u readers <3