Chapter 5 - Your writing time

This is very important to me. When I wrote Accidental Quest in 2018, I had set my writing time from 12 noon to 8 in the evening. It sounds a lot of time.

It's not if you really enjoy what you're doing. So, I worked on it after working as a content writer from 6 in the morning to 12 noon. As you can see, I spent 14 hours writing to make ends meet and to work on the book until it's done. 

It is why it's important to ask yourself if you truly want to make your writing career work or not from the beginning. Because it won't work out for you in the long run if you only dedicate 50% of your time in the first place. 

If you're a student or someone who's working-at-home like me, to become a Wattpad rockstar doesn't have room for you to whine and become impatient. Living this kind of lifestyle requires a lot of effort and time to make money writing and make a living from your awesome stories. 

Becoming a writer is a lonely path. So, you will always be alone on this journey (until you finally see your loyal fans).

How did I overcome inconsistencies and laziness every single day, from the first day I wrote my book until I finish the first draft? 

Albeit the tiring day, writing my story becomes a motivation to end my day right. It drives me to finish my work with efficiency making sure I can give ample time to continue scribbling the next chapter.

I feel responsible for creating my characters' life stories real and published so everyone can read them. It's this kind of satisfaction that keeps me going. 

Pro Tip: 

Make sure you check on yourself by asking whether writing is truly your thing. Otherwise, this kind of life will never work out for you.

Assignment: 

Set your writing time and be consistent. Follow your schedule as much as you can. 

For example, you're a student. Your classes end at 3 in the afternoon. Instead of going out with your friends and waste an hour or more with them (which is BS), why don't you go home or go somewhere else to work on your book? 

If you're working at home as a freelancer like me, set a particular time of the day when you feel your high creative juice. Is it in the morning, afternoon, or evening? 

If it's morning, set your schedule and follow it before you proceed with your freelance work. Do the same system until you finish your first draft. 

You will see you higher productivity time than ever. 

It's tiresome but it's an experience worth your while.

Stay tuned for the next update!

About the author:

Mecyll Gaspary is a writer and author of several Wattpad books in English that gained 100K+ reads, namely, "Accidental Quest," "The Rival," and "30 Days with Mr. Weirdo" in the Filipino language.

She is also an independent author and publisher and owns companies namely, MG Consulting for her freelance writing business and MG Publications as a self-publisher. She actively writes on her website at www.mgaspary.com.