Chapter 19.

JULIES POV.

It was like she as in a world of her own. She just wouldn't answer us. We we're all trying to get her attention and, all the time, no response. 'It's like someone's drugged her' They all looked concerned... I sighed, me and my big mouth.

'What?' came the reply from Phyllida. 'do you actually think someone has?'

'Who would do something like that!' Amanda chimed in.

Christine just started crying.... nothing new there.

'I was just thinking out loud, that's all' I looked back, then glanced at Meryl. She was looking a little more on colour than before. I headed over to her and started clicking my fingers in front of her eyes. Then there came a blink. FINALLY! I could stop being the only rational one here and everyone could start to focus on something other than my comment... Again, me and my bloody big mouth. I really needed to stop -thinking out loud-

'So..' I sat down next to Meryl. 'What's going on in that head of yours?' I put my hand on her knee reassuringly. 'I just, don't feel 100% that's all' I looked at her as well as Phyllida. 'Now, are you sure?' I gave her the knowing ~Julie Stare~ and she just looked at me back. 'Yes! I just need sleep' She stood up and so did I, albeit a little slower... Well, these old joints aren't what they used to be!

I followed her as she headed up to her room.. 'Meryl, are you sure, SURE' She looked back and gave me a look that stopped me in my tracks. 'Julie, I love you dearly but please, stop asking me. I'm FINE! you just have to trust me on this!'

'Alright, Alright! but I'm coming to your room with you. We can watch a film, have a drink, and you, can fall asleep if you want'

She just gave me the typical Meryl smile. 'Sounds good'