Chapter 10.

CHRISTINES POV.

'Meryl, please... please... come on, open your eyes' I tried not to cry, but at the same time, I wanted to run down the halls screaming and crying for help. 

'Julie.. can you, can you come here a minute please?' I tried to sound as calm as I could. I didn't want to worry her too much, but then again, the way I reacted may have given something away. Julie entered the room and reacted pretty much the same way i did.. 'What the... What's happened?' She knelt down next to Meryl and started to check her over while I phoned for an ambulance. 

JULIES POV.

I knelt down next to Meryl and held her as I tried to check to see if she had a pulse. She didn't. 'Christine, you need to tell them that she's NOT breathing, they need to get someone here as quick as they can!' I began CPR. At this point in time, I was glad I was an actress for a living, because, I could somehow block out the tears and seem strong enough to deal with anything that was thrown at me. Just like our Meryl seemed to be.

Christine began to cry. I wanted to comfort her so badly, but I couldn't. I was too busy trying to save Meryl, to be able to. That pulled on my heart strings... Christine was usually a strong person too. You know, heart of gold, but shell of steel sort of thing. 

'Christine, love. She'll be okay, trust me. She's not ready to leave us yet' I tried my best, but could only do so much as I was getting slightly out of breath doing CPR. 'What if she isn't. What if we've lost her for good.. I don't want to lose her yet, Julie. I don't think I can handle anything like that just yet' She started to cry more. 

'Christine, it's...' As I tried to reason with her again Meryl took a loud gasp and looked up at me. 

CHRISTINES POV.

She gasped! She was breathing! I couldn't believe it. I began to cry, out of no where. I'd probably just been so in my own little world that I didn't acknowledge my feelings properly, and so, when I came out of my own little bubble when Meryl gasped. I guess that just kick started the tears. 'Oh Meryl!' I exclaimed as I ran to hug her. 

'What, What happened?' She mumbled as she was coming round. 'You blacked out.. or rather. Stopped breathing!' She smiled and started to laugh.. 'Don't worry yourself, that just happens when I drink a little over my limit. I'm ok. Well, I will be.' I smiled. 'Don't you dare scare us like that again!' I playfully hit her in the arm and laughed. 

I'd half forgotten that I had called for an ambulance. They arrived at the door and I got up to let them in. They walked into where Me, Julie and Meryl. -in the bathroom, evidently.-  But, they checked Meryl over as you can never be too careful. They gave her the all clear after 10 minutes and left just as quick as they came.  

JULIES POV.

I let the paramedics out and headed back into the room where I was greeted with Meryl sat on the bed smirking at me. 'What the hell was that?! We thought you were dying, Meryl! Christine even started crying!!' I was angry but didn't want to get too angry, you know what journalists are like.. they're everywhere! She laughed, She was still clearly very tipsy, although, could still string together a sentence quite impressively. 'Honestly, I don't have a clue, I remember running and throwing up, and...... thats it!' 

'So, you probably just blacked out? But, stopped breathing for a while in the process?' I was trying to figure it all out.. 'I STOPPED BREATHING?!' 'Yes Meryl! Do you not know?' 'Yeah, Christine told me..' She started to laugh... 'Whats so funny!?' I was slightly more angry at her now, was she joking? Did she even know what she was saying? Or, was she just that good of an actress that I couldn't tell weather she was acting or not? -NO, STOP JULIE.. stop it now! Don't confuse yourself...- I'd started talking to myself, GREAT! First sign of going mad.. or so they say. 

I sighed.. 'Meryl, please just tell me the truth' 

MERYLS POV.

'Julie, Don't worry yourself, I'm fine, and will be more fine very soon!' I giggled to myself. I seemed to have regressed to a child...  My grammar still wasn't back to normal. 'As I said to Christine, its just what happens when I drink a little too much over my limit. I'll be ok when I sober up' 

'Just, please Meryl, look after yourself in the future.. We don't want to be losing you before your time!' I could tell Julie was really concerned about me.. So was Christine for that matter. 

I smiled at them both.. 'Come here!' I put my arms out for a hug from them both and they happily received it. 'I promise to look after myself more, from now on!' They both smiled at me and the hug tightened  'I love you girls..' 

'We love you too!'