2 - Undercover

The iron... suit(?) unraveled, revealing a man, who stepped out.

"Sentry mode," he ordered. The suit closed back up and aimed a repulsor around the room, ready to fire at any heat signature.

Good thing she didn't give one off.

"Okay, JARVIS. You know I want it all," he said, walking towards the computers. "Copy Hill at HQ."

She recognized him. Tony Stark. Pietro and Wanda said it was his company's shell they had stared at for days as kids, waiting for it to go off. But the light kept blinking, the shell armed but not exploding. One just like it killed their parents.

While Stark accessed the files and, based on an IR scan, found the secret room with the weird stone, you crept quietly towards the opened window. You knew your powers were similar to Wanda's from the experiment. Two glowing orbs of power would certainly draw attention to you escaping through the window, and you didn't want a fight. You only wanted to escape. Maybe live a peaceful life, one hopefully far away from HYDRA and SHIELD. You slowly climbed out the window, making sure to not draw the attention of "JARVIS". Once you were on the ledge, you turned back. The suit was still looking at the other end of the room. You jumped, only activating your magic to keep you from hitting the ground.

Shivering in the cold, you nearly ran into Pietro, on his way back into the base.

"Why are you going back?" you asked. This was his chance of freedom.

"My sister is in there," he replied. "I can't leave her."

You nodded, slightly envious of their relationship. You wanted someone to depend on, someone to protect you no matter what. You hardened two daggers, tossing them towards him.

"Until we meet again," you said.

"Until we meet again," he responded, swiftly grabbing the daggers from the air. He understood what it meant - one for him, one for Wanda. A goodbye gift. Until they met again.

Little did you know, the next time you would see him again was when he died.

‐-------------------------

A few years later

‐-------------------------

You woke up in a cold sweat, the image of his body riddled with bullet holes at the forefront of your mind. Along with that, you had also dreamt of the punishments HYDRA had inflicted on you for every failure you had.

Pushing last night's nightmare out of your head, you put on your jogging outfit and left to go on your morning run. A bit earlier than usual, 5am instead of 6am. But you needed a distraction. The bracelet on your right arm dangled as you ran.

"On your left," you warned, passing another jogger. The jogger paused for a second, but continued running.

You ran a couple more laps, passing the same man multiple times, each with an "On your left." He looked frustrated. You saw his mouth move once from the corner of your eye, but he didn't have a phone. Weird.

You had recently gained full control over yourself, the effects from HYDRA's wiping system completely worn off. You still didn't have any prior memories, however, you had amended to fill those gaps by making new ones. You had a few friends in a coffee shop that shared your shift, as well as some regular customers.

Once you got home, you quickly showered and put on a straight brown wig, pulling up your real hair underneath. Contact lenses to change the color of your eyes. No makeup. You practiced your lines in the mirror a few times.

"Hi, welcome! Is there anything I can get for you today?" was the standard welcome phrase. "Name?" for the order. "Alright, your order will be ready in just a moment. Please make yourself comfortable and we'll call you when your order's ready," was the closing. You would then make the order yourself if there was nobody else in line, calling out the name of the person when it was ready.