5 - Songs

After a few minutes, Tony Stark walked back into the room, muttering something about an apology for slapping you. He led you to a room furnished with a bed, filled bookshelves, a nightstand with a telephone and lamp on it, and a small desk. It looked good for a room hastily put together.

"Please stay until dinner while the team and I talk about what to do with you. FRIDAY can provide you with anything that you need. Feel free to walk around, but don't go into the lab," he warned. "FRIDAY will notify you when dinner is ready."

You nodded, saying your thanks.

‐-------------------------

After about an hour of browsing through the books on the shelves (you suspected it was part of a library) about things you already knew, you walked out of your room and wandered into a studio.

It was a standard dance studio, but it also looked like it could have been used for sparring, as there were several weapons hung up on the walls. Targets lined the wall on the right wall of the mirror so that when you walked in, the first thing you saw was the large mirror on the opposite wall. To you left would be the weapons and to the right were the targets.

Using your magic to change your sneakers into ballet shoes, you remembered the last time you had done the dance you were about to do. You went on pointe for a moment. Still felt the same. You got into starting position.

‐-------------------------

Uh-oh, running out of breath but I,
Oh I, I got stamina
Uh-oh, running now I close my eyes,
Well oh, I got stamina

You felt the energy flow through you as you danced stiffly at first, then relaxed into a faster form. You spun, seeing the room blur before your eyes.

Uh-oh, I see another mountain to climb
But I, I, I got stamina

Uh-oh, I need another lover, be mine
Cause I, I, I got stamina

You could nearly see the head instructor watching your every step. The muscles in your legs tensed and relaxed as you danced to the music.

Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no

You did a series of pirouettes here, making sure not to lose balance or focus.

I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive
I'm free to be the greatest here tonight, the greatest
The greatest, the greatest alive

Well, uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
Oh, I, I got stamina
Uh-oh, running now, I close my eyes
But, oh oh, I got stamina
And oh yeah, running through the waves of love
But I, I got stamina
And oh yeah, I'm running and I've just enough
And uh-oh, I got stamina

You end the pirouettes and leap into a twirl, leaning back to do a vertical split, twirling again, and ending with a large leap.

Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no

I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive
I'm free to be the greatest here tonight, the greatest
The greatest, the greatest alive
The greatest, the greatest alive (oh oh)

(Full song linked above)

‐-------------------------

A couple more pirouettes and you drop in a sort-of-curtsy finishing position, spreading out your arms and snapping back from the flashback.