Flashbacks (and maybe some romance?)

You had gotten permission from your good friend Shuri to travel to Wakanda with some companions. Her brother, King T'Challa, wanted to open his kingdom to the world and share their resources. And so here you were, boarding the Quinjet (why do they even call it that?) and telling Stark the landing coordinates.

The rest of the team were seated in the back. As you walked towards your seat, right next to Zima, Stark looked back then began takeoff, making you trip, fall, and land on someone.

"Sorry," you apologized, regaining your balance as Stark righted the aircraft. You sat down in your seat and buckled yourself in, glaring daggers at Stark. He simply shrugged in response.

The man you fell on, meanwhile, was trying to fight the blood rushing to his face. He hoped his hair covered it well enough so the others don't see. He shifted uncomfortably, not knowing why he felt like this. What was this feeling?

The rest of the crew (the ones who were paying attention of course, ahem Banner did you see that or were you too busy reading cough cough) were smirking, some hiding it better than others.

Steve couldn't help but cast a knowing look towards his best friend.

--------------------

You looked back down at your bracelet after watching Stark visibly sweat under your gaze for five minutes straight. You felt the familiar chills of a flashback, heart rate accelerating. Were you going to watch yourself help kill another person again? Little did you know, Bucky was thinking and experiencing the same thing.

"You are the person that makes me the happiest. When I come back, will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course I will. I will wait."

He slipped the bracelet onto your wrist. But it was more than just a piece of jewelry. It was a gift. A promise. That he would return.

You kissed him right there in the street, the strange pedestrians surrounding you fading until it was just the two of you. He pulled away as the clock struck the next hour, signaling it was time for him to leave.

"Promise me you'll return. I don't want to be engaged forever."

"I promise."

Ok guys I'm so sorry for the long wait, but I had testing and studying to do so please forgive me-

I may update and/or edit this part later, I just wanted to get this little scene out to all of you. Hope you like it!

As always, constructive criticism is always appreciated, and I do respond to messages. If you follow me and want me to follow you back, shoot me a message and have a wonderful day!

~Riza