03

"Welcome Y/n Potter!" Dumbledore cheered.

I felt all eyes on me.

This isn't good.

My anxiety started turning up. My legs were shaking ceaselessly, I felt like they might have given up and I shall have slammed against the floor, as well.

After what felt like forever, I made it to the teachers's table, where Dumbledore was holding an old, big, brown, dirty hat.

I perched myself on a wooden chair as Dumbledore placed the Sorting Hat on my head.

Oh God, my hair, I thought, My neat, soft, sweet-smelling hair. Damn it!

"Mhm very well, then..." Said a voice on the top of my head. The hat's talking. I didn't know hats could do that. How rousing. "Cunning, I see that..." The hat resumed. "Clever and witty... Loyal, oh yes... Hard-working... Ambitious too... Devious and sly..." OH, FOR MERLIN'S SAKE AND FOR MY OWN'S, stop describing me and announce my fucking house already? I'm shaking down here, you dusty, little—

"SLYTHERIN!"

I couldn't believe my ears.

I was the first Slytherin of the family.

Mum and Dad would have been proud, and Harry—

HARRY!

The crowd erupted in applause. Mainly from a specific table in the middle of the Hall.

I was petrified.

I glanced at Dumbledore, whom pointed that table and I stumbled towards it.

Looking around in hopes to see somebody I knew, I heard, "Y/n! Y/n!" I saw Wren gesturing towards them in attempts to ask me to sit beside her.

As soon as I sat, a slack, casual voice said, "Well, well, well. Look who's here. If it's not Y/n Potter." It was Malfoy, of course, smirking.

He looked much more confident now. He was biting his lower lip.

I can't lie. It was hot. He was hot.

"Oh, please. Ignore my brother, Y/n. He thinks he's superior or something." So Estella was indeed his sister.

"Come off it, Estelle. I didn't mean to be rude." He pouted. I almost sneered at that. "Did I sound rude, Potter?" He looked right past my eyes.

I, that was still shaking, stuttered, "I—I—well—n—no—er—."

"Of course you were rude, Draco! You scared her!" Estelle interrupted me.

"Well—"

"Merlin, Estella. You're already dating Zabini. Are you in love with the new girl too?" Malfoy said.

I felt my cheeks go scarlet.

"Well, she's not my type!" Estelle spitted.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Can you just stop it?" This situation was so absurd.

"Oi, let the girl breath. Hi, Darling." A tall, handsome, dark-coloured boy sat between me and Estella, placing a sweet kiss on her lips. She smiled. He then turned to me, "I'm Blaise. Zabini."

I shook the hand he had stretched out. "Y/n Potter."

"Another Potter? I didn't know there was a replica." Blaise smirked at Malfoy who scoffed.

During dinner, I had been talking to Blaise, Estelle and, mostly, Wren. Turns out the four of us had a lot in common. I didn't feel awkward or nervous at all, not even a minute.