05

Harry and I didn't talk during the following days and Hermione didn't stay too long with me in the library either, so I was left with Malfoy most of the time.

We had started to get closer. I discovered I couldn't stay away from him. Wren, apparently had too.

Estelle and Blaise spent most of the time in Detention now so Wren and I went together everywhere just as if we were scared of being alone.

This girl, Claudia Weasly, kept waving at me and saying "Hi!" whenever we crossed paths. She was a Weasly and she was in my house but it was still weird.

"Why are you reading?" I put my book down and looked at the clock. 06:54 am.

I had been the hole night reading?! I'm not complaining, though, Mr. Darcy is a bliss.

"Uhhhh don't you ever read?" I looked around and noticed Pansy Parkinson almost falling off her bed, the Greengrasses with their curtains closed and Estelle's bed untouched. "Where's Estelle?"

Wren shrugged, got up and started looking for something in her closet. I did the same.

"You don't think she had detention during nighttime, do you?"

"Dunno. I would expect it from Filch." I said and we both snickered.

~

It was the day before Halloween. I had devoured almost every non-educational book from the library.

I was Reading for the third time one of my favourite books from there: The Goldfinch. Malfoy was sitting beside me, his nose stuck on another book.

"Has your brother talked to you yet?" He suddenly said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Uhhh... no...?"

"I can still help you, you know."

I gulped. "And how would you help me, exactly?" I closed my book and tilted my head, ready to have a full conversation.

"You could make him get so mad that he'd give in."He said innocently.

Exactly what I had thought.

"And how would I do that?"

"We could do that. Well, he hates me and..."

"And what, Malfoy? Don't fool me."

"No, but we could fool him... Pretending... we are... dating." He looked up at me.

"What?" I chortled. "That's stupid. We can't do that. You know that."

"Is it? Stupid?"

I don't know. Was it?

I groaned. "Ughh fine. Only because it's the only option I have." I gave in.

He grinned victoriously. "Whatever you say, Potter, whatever you say."

After a couple of hours, we got back to the common room hand in hand.

I cringed when I saw most eyes on us. Well, on our hands interlocked.

I tried to get my mind off all the eyes as we made our way through the sofas and the people sitting on them.

We arrived to my dorm and he closed the door behind me. "See you." I said as he left.

Wren was smirking at me. "So?"

I let myself fall on the bed. She came and sat on it next to my knees. "I dunno." I said on my defense. "I don't know how to explain it." I smiled awkwardly.

"First things first. Do you like him?"

"Of course I like him!" I hit her thigh. "Have you seen him?"

"And what do you like about him?"

"Well, every morning when I wake up and get to breakfast or between classes I see him walking across the hallways and... I don't know, I love his hair and his eyes and the way he looks at me like—"

"Like he's trying to figure you out without disrespecting you." We titter. "But doesn't your brother like despise him?"

"I know but he isn't really talking to me at the moment..." She laughed. We changed subject and kept talking for a while.

~

Draco and I entered the Great Hall holding hands again. I didn't care about all the eyes now, only about one specific person's and he was staring right back at us. We both smirked.

It was Friday the 31st of October, Halloween. And the day my parents had died, 12 years ago.

I hadn't met them. Why would I be upset? I wasn't.

"Hey." Malfoy looked concerned at my eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I lied not wanting to make him feel worried or anything.

We set off for class shortly after. The teachers sent us as lots of homework just as any other day.

But when the classes concluded and we went to the Great Hall for dinner, the ceiling was embellished with a dark purple sky, some clouds and pumpkins, hanging from nowhere.

Dumbledore gave a little speech that ceased with "Happy Halloween!"

Every kind of sweet started to appear in our table. I love sweets but I wouldn't like to have them for dinner. As I looked around, I found chicken wings, among some more salad food. I grabbed around 7, placed them in my plate and started eating.

Some music started to sound. Muggle music, I thought, well, it's not like wizards have got much Halloween music, anyway.

Malfoy, Wren and I stayed in the Great Hall for an hour or two after Blaise and Estelle had left.

When we decided to head back to the common room, there was a horde of people dancing to deafening music and green sparks of light.