Chapter 10

"Good morning " I said brightly.

AJ looked startled by my greeting.

I smiled brightly. "Coffee" I said before taking another sip.

AJ approached me cautiously before taking a seat at the bar.

He looked at me and I smiled at him. AJ placed his hand over mine and said. "Its ok to be scared Layla."

I took another sip of my Coffee "I'm fine. It's fine" I said Cheerfully.

Before AJ could respond the doorbell rang. "That must be Ally" I said.

I put my mug in the sink. "Relax babe" I said kissing the back of his head.

                                .............

"Hey Aunt Ally"  Ava said.

Ally Bennett is one of my two childhood bestfriends and Ava's Godmother.

                                  ...........

"So what did you find" I asked.

"Miss.Wanda is broke" Ally said.

"Broke?"

Ally nodded.

"How is that possible her networth is shy of a billionaire?"

"That was before she went bankrupt and she is in danger of losing her home."

I grimaced.

"Should I continue" Ally asked.

"Yes."

"According to my sources, she is in process of making a comeback line."

"Yes that is the line I am working on."

"Apparently it was her outfit of choice that day that convinced them to give her another chance."

Like a reel, it all came back to me. The day she approached me in Francisco's store. His mentioning Miss.Wanda doing a comeback line. Then she calls him to reach out to me. It all made sense.

She was using me.

"Are you ok Layla" Ally asked.

I put on my brightest smile. "I will be. Do you want to stay for lunch ?"

"I wish I could but I have another client."

"I will walk you out."

                              ............

"We need to call Brittany and set up a brunch" I said.

Ally stared at me.

"What."

"Layla I know you..."

"Ally it's fine" I snapped.

"Ok" Ally said backing down. "Just call me and let me know what you decide."

I pulled Ally into a hug and a kissed her on the forehead. "Love you."

"Love you to."

                               .............

"Come in" I said.

AJ stepped into the office.

"Hey honey" I said not looking up from the computer.

"I take it the meeting with Ally did not go well" AJ asked.

"Why do you say that."

"She called me."

I shrugged. "Do you think I should join the pta" I asked changing the subject.

AJ grimaced. "Layla."

"I already missed the bake sale but there is dance I could help organize."

"Honey."

"Or I could make costumes for the upcoming play."

"Could you just stop" AJ snapped.

He clearly was not going to let this go.

"What am I supposed to do" I asked. "Cry or  get hysterical. She used me and now I need to move on" I said matter-of-factly.

"Layla. This woman recruited you to help save her career and you just want to walk away. She needs you."

"So, what should I do go back to work and act  like nothing happened?"

"Absolutely not. Go down there and negotiate a better deal for yourself, with yourself in a position of power."

"Your right."

AJ shrugged. "Perks of being married to a lawyer.

I checked the time. "If I go now I can catch Miss.Wanda at the office."

"Well go."

I found Miss.Wanda in the break room. She smiled politely when she saw me.

"Layla how are you."

I scowled. "I think we need to have a discussion."