Chapter Twenty

The 12th came a lot quicker than expected. Tommy had tried his best to mentally prepare all week, but when the day came, he wasn't prepared at all. Final's had gone well, so now they all just prepared for the graduation that was to take place a few days after on the 15th, and he couldn't begin to comprehend that. The year had gone by so fast, and yet it felt like he had just came here, came home.

"Look, this will not be the worst news we get all year. I can name about 17 different events that were so much worse, at least there's no packages. Can I get those stats again, Tommy?" Wilbur had asked Tommy the statistical probability of him getting into Julliard almost everyday since he applied.

"Still hasn't changed, Will. 6.9%. Techno's is still at 12.3%. You'll be fine, big man. Worst comes to worst you'll have to live with me and Dad another year," He laughed awkwardly. He was excited for his brothers, but for some reason, also angry? They had just become a family, and they had plans to leave?

He ignored that, and focused on the timer that went off on Phils phone. "Okay, that means both of your results should be up. Remember, you both have backups and there is absolutely nothing wrong with community college. A degree is a degree, no matter where you get it from. You can also take a gap year-"

"I GOT IN!" Wilbur's yells interrupted his dad, as he jumped up and cheered. "HOLY SHIT! I GOT IN! Jubilee Line got me in! I'm going to Julliard! HOLY SHIT!" Phil hugged his son, tears in his eyes. He knew he was going to cry no matter what. He was beyond proud of his sons, and was so excited to see the people they were going to become.

"What about you, Tech?" Tommy's foot began to bounce up and down, and his chest hurt slightly. He was, of course, so happy for his brother. But, he couldn't ignore the sinking feeling that flooded his chest at the idea of Wilbur being all the way in New York.

Techno clicked a link, put in his passcode, and clicked another. They all sat in silence as it loaded, Wilbur antsy to celebrate with his brother.

"Dear Mr. Watson, Congratulations! We are pleased to WELCOME YOU TO UCLA! I GOT IN!" His actions copied his brother, only this time Phil was crying. Tommy felt his eyes tear up, and his hands shake slightly.

He didn't like this. It felt wrong.

"Good job, Techno! I'm really excited for you!" He pushed it down as far as he could, and ignored the sinking feeling in his chest.

"How cool is that, Toms? You and Dad will be able to explore two major cities! On one end, you'll have me in Los Angeles, and then Wills in New York! How cool is that?" Techno gave him a two thumbs up, running his hands through his hair (before it got caught, and he grumbled).

"Awesome. It's awesome." His words were tense, but everyone either didn't notice or chose to ignore it.

"Dad, I'm going to go over to Fundy's house and celebrate. Is that okay?" Techno was ready to go, buzzing with energy.

"Yes, just be home before dinner! I want us to celebrate as a family." Phil wanted to get started on dinner as soon as possible, excited to make his lasagna.

"Me and Wilbur will be back in time. C'mon, Will. Want to come with, Toms?" Techno grabbed the car keys, and turned to his little brother.

"Uh, no thanks. I have some stuff to do in my room. Want to clean it up before we're all running around for your graduation." He attempted to joke, which was successful.

He watched his brothers walk out of the house, and his fake smile dropped from his face. Phil may have said something to him, but he didn't hear it, as he raced up the stairs to his bedroom. He closed his door as quick as he could behind him, pressing his head against it and taking a deep breath.