Chapter Twenty-Four

"Technoblade. It's been a while since we last spoke." The narrator stands next to Technoblade, watching the snow fall.

"Life got busy and complicated. Lost track of time, I suppose."

"Still monotone as ever?"

"Of course. I am known for my reliability, am I not?"

"Yeah, I guess you are."

An awkward silence falls upon the two after they both dryly laugh at that.

"Well, Technoblade, I brought you here for a reason."

"Look, man, I don't befriend other gods. It's a nice gesture and I do appreciate it, I really do, but I just don't really want-"

"I want to bring our friends back. All of them, I can bring us back home."

Techno immediately stops talking, and huffs before starting to walk away. "Fuck you, honestly. Are you one of those sadistic fucks? You think that's funny? Go fuck yourself."

"Wait-no—Tech! I hear voices too!" The Blood God paused, and turned back around. "I hear voices too, and they helped me with this idea."

"Fine. You got five minutes." Techno comes back to stand next to the Narrator, and looks back forward at the snow falling.

"After godship I became a narrator and told the story of your life. The powers, the cult, Sally's death, your sacrifice. I even named it after your quote! You know, the whole 'oh we can be heroes, just for one day'. I made it into Oh, We Can Be Heroes and people love it!"

"Good to know someone got to enjoy me becoming a god and having to leave my family behind because my entire body screamed for blood and anarchy." Techno said, no humor in his tone.

"They didn't like the pain, they liked the sacrifice. You gave up everything for us, for your home. You did that, even though you didn't want to. They loved our love for our family, Tech. Not the pain."

"You have three minutes left."

"I want to ask the universe in exchange for our godship, we get to create our own universe. One like the DreamSMP. But instead of it being those characters, they're us. They're the ones from our original reality. Think about it, we would get everything back and then when it's our time to go, we go. A simple end, a happy one. You can finally get the heroes ending you deserve. Thoughts?"

Techno thought about it for exactly 3 minutes and 4 seconds, the Narrator counted.

"Honestly man, it's a long shot. But, I'll risk it for my family. If I can just get my brothers back and my dad I'll be beyond happy. I don't think we necessarily deserve a happy ending, but we deserve an ending at least. How do we bring it up to the universe?"

"I have no clue. It usually speaks to us first. It heard our conversations, so it holds our offer in its hands. Universe, if you accept, please show us a sign."

It felt like when you first jump into water, that engulfing feeling and breathing fresh air when you get back to the surface.

The universe accepts.

-

And that's how I ended up here.

I think it's time we say our first formal hello, and our goodbye.

Hello, my name is Dream.

The DreamSMP Dream.

I'm sorry I kept that from you. I am, it's made me feel awful knowing that most of you hate me, if not all of you because of the actions the future me has made.