15 | prentiss

COFFEE

15 | prentiss

15 | prentiss

Madlyn tiredly rubbed at her eyes as she entered the room where Spencer, Penelope and a dark haired woman Maddie failed to recognise. She took a seat beside Spencer, covering her face with her hands.

"You okay?" he asked her, Madlyn groaning. He chuckled a little at her reaction.

"What's wrong?" Penelope asked, smiling.

Maddie lowered her hands and dropped them to the table. "I have a nine year old daughter and a fiancé who acts like he's six years old, Penelope," she answered, much less amused than her friends.

"Is your eye okay?" Maddie looked over at the woman she didn't recognise and frowned. "Oh- I'm Emily Prentiss."

"Maddie- Madlyn. Mills," she replied, giving a small smile (it was all she could muster at the time).

"But, is your eye okay?"

Madlyn nodded. "Yeah, it's nothing. I'm just clumsy," she assured. "My bedroom was dark and I fell. I've had worse, this is nothing."

"That's true, she's broken her nose twice on the doors in here," Penelope agreed, nodding her head.

"And, one time, we were at a park and someone threw a frisbee and it hit her in the face."

"Why-Why didn't you duck?" Emily frowned.

"We told her to duck but she thought we meant there was an actual duck and turned around," JJ explained after entering the room, having overheard the conversation. "You look tired, Maddie."

"I live with two children, JJ," she reminded. "Sadly, only one of those children wants to help with the wedding and its not the one I'm marrying."

"Maddie?" She looked at Spencer, humming. "Don't phrase it like that."

"Everybody meet Agent Prentiss?" Hotch asked, gesturing to the dark haired woman.

"I've been filling her in on protocol," JJ answered, smiling.

Derek shook her hand, the two introducing themselves. Hotch, unimpressed, interrupted them. "We can make nice later, what do we know?"