4 - meeting him at the park

"How could you? You piece of-" You were yelling. This time, those pictures broke any trust you had for Chris. Even though he was just friends with Lily, you didn't know that. You genuinely thought he was cheating on you.

"I didn't do anything! I swear! Lily was just helping-" Chris spoke in a desperate tone. Losing you would break him; he couldn't let you go. It hurt him when you were just friends. When he couldn't tell you he loved you. Now that he could, he wasn't going to ruin it.

"Helping what? Helping you cheat on me?!" Dodger was just sitting in the corner of the room, watching everything unfold and whimpering a few times; it was almost as if he was asking you to stop arguing.

"I didn't cheat on you!" Chris said.

"Then why were you in the park together? What was that ring?" You lowered your voice a bit but it was still loud.

Silence. Chris just stared at you and then looked down at the floor.

He wasn't cheating on you, that was the truth. But he couldn't tell you that Lily was helping him with the proposal.

"I can't tell you." He said, softly.

"Of course you can't." A sob escaped your lips. Your lower lip began to tremble and tears clouded your vision.

"I thought we'd last forever but I should've known. I'm just me. And Lily is a talented and gorgeous actre-"

"But I love you! I love you for who you are!" His voice cracked.

"No you don't!" You looked him in the eye and your heart broke. Chris's eyes were red and he was crying. You hated seeing him like this but you were also hurt. You thought that the man you were willing to give up everything for, was cheating on you.

Tears left Chris's eyes, "Y-yes, I do!"

"I never want to see you again." You spoke, almost in a whisper.

Chris looked up and more tears fell down his cheeks. No. This can't be happening. Please, he thought.

In that split second he decided to tell you about the proposal. He didn't care if he ruined the surprise. If you broke up with him, who would he even propose to? He'd be without the love of his life.

"Y/n, just let me explain, please!" He took a step closer to you but you stepped back.

"We're over, Chris." You rushed outside and slammed the door behind you.

Chris was left crying, holding what was supposed to be your engagement ring.

~~~~~

You walked through the neighborhood's park, crying your heart out. Did you really just break up with Chris? Never in your life have you loved someone this much and now it was all gone. Your feelings were obviously there but the relationship was gone.

Suddenly, a very hot drink was splashed over your arm.

You groaned, "Just what I needed."

You started shaking your arm when you heard his voice, "I'm sor- Y/n?"

When you looked up, you found Ian standing in front of you.

"Oh, Ian?" You said in almost disbelief. What a coincidence!

"That 's me!" He chuckled and you followed, "We better stop meeting likes this. I'm so sorry."

"It's alright." You gave him a weak smile.

"Woah. You ok?" He wiped away one of your tears with his thumb. Since the day he met you, he couldn't stop thinking about the beautiful woman he accidentally spilled his drink on. It was like a romantic movie where the main couple meets because of some cheesy accident.

"Not really." You bitterly chuckled and looked down.

"I know we just met, but I'm kinda free right now. Wanna talk about what made you so sad?" Ian was trying to be friendly but you didn't want to talk about what happened minutes ago.

"No. Not at all. I wanna think of something else." You whispered; it was only audible to Ian.

"I can help with that too. Wanna go get some coffee, maybe?" He asked.

"I was kinda heading to... the bar." You stuttered and looked away embarrassed.

"Then let me pay for your drinks." Ian stretched out his hand and you took it. He gave you a soft smile and you returned it.

This might get my mind off from Chris for a while.

~~~~~~
uh oh...
my internet finally came back hehe <3