7 - reunited

"L-last night?" He asked, voice shaking.

You nodded, "Yeah. After what happened between us, I bumped into him and we got drunk and-" Your sobs didn't let you speak properly. Chris shook his head and his eyes started to water. What if you caught feelings for Ian?

"I'm sor-" You said but Chris interrupted you.

"Don't. It's ok." He let out a deep breath. You looked at him shockingly.

"It's... ok?" You asked nervously.

"I mean, we were broken up so..." He chuckled but didn't look at you.

He wasn't mad because you had broken up with him. You didn't cheat on him with Ian. But he wondered if Ian made you feel better than he ever did. He wondered if you said you were  sorry because you wanted to go back to Ian.

You were nervous because you didn't know what he was about to say next.  Would you really give your relationship another chance? You were worried that Chris wouldn't want to be with you after what you just confessed. You wanted to hit yourself for breaking up with him, when all he wanted to do was propose.

You placed your hand on his thigh and said, "Chris?"

He sighed, "Just answer me one thing."

You nodded, tears streaming down your face.

"Did you enjoy it? Do you have any feelings for him?" He gazed into your eyes.

"What? No! We were drunk. I would've never done it consciously. I promise." You reassured him.

Chris grabbed your hand and squeezed it, "I believe you, munchkin."

You sighed of relief, "Babe, I'm sorry. I love you so much."

"I'm also sorry. I love you, munchkin." Chris placed his free hand on your cheek and kissed you. Your lips moved in perfect sync.

Once you pulled back for air, you asked him, "Wait, you were gonna propose?"

Chris laughed, "Yep."

You grinned, "So, I just kissed my fiance?"

He smiled widely, understanding that you said 'yes' to marrying him. He took out the ring again and placed it on your marriage finger.

"I think you just did." He pecked your lips.

"I can't wait to be Mrs. Evans!"

~~~

Both of your families were more than happy when you told them about your engagement. Especially, your mothers. They were even guessing the genders of your future babies.

Fast forward to a few days later, you and Chris were in bed cuddling and talking about all the wedding preparations that had already begun.

"I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle." Chris said.

He could already picture you, looking like an angel on your wedding day. After everything you guys just went through, he was more than grateful for every little moment with you. Whether it was watching a movie with you or making love to you. Which you happened to do a lot since the night of your engagement. Sometimes it worried you that you'd get pregnant but then remembered you were on birth control most of the time.

"Me too! And you better cry when I walk down that aisle." You giggled and Chris laughed at your statement.

'Now that we're talking about that, where do you wanna go for our honeymoon?" Chris asked.

You looked up at him and answered, "To be honest, I don't know. As long as I get to spend every second with you, I'm satisfied."

And you really meant it. You didn't care where you'd go for your honeymoon, you were happy because you'd be spending it with Chris. You still found it crazy how he'd become your husband in a matter of weeks. You both decided you didn't want to wait too long to get married. Preparations started three days after you got engaged, which was stressful, but you didn't care. Neither of you could wait long to get married.

Nothing could compare to the excitement you both felt for the wedding. One of the things you were mostly looking forward too, was listening to his vows. You had already written half of yours and whenever you read them to yourself, you'd tear up. Whenever he reads his vows for you, you'd probably turn into a sentimental mess.

He smiled and pecked your lips. For some reason, that small conversation made you decide something truly important. You'd both been thinking about it since the whole 'Lily' situation and, considering you were going to get married, you thought it was the right time.

"Chris?" You asked and he hummed in response. His gaze danced all around your face.

"I think it's time." You whispered.

~~~~~~
I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! The next chapter might be smut...
ilyy <3