T H R E E

Lexi pushed herself from Jack's desk and towards hers with the papers she needed. She plugged the USB into her computer and started to type codes to break through it. "Any luck on it?" He asked. "Not yet. But I'll get it". "I know you will. You're apparently the only one that can do it" Lexi chuckled. "Seriously, you can't be that smart!". 

"Jack, I'm smarter than you. It's about time you deal with it" Lexi smiled at the blonde guy that started to work and went back to hers. She typed more codes and was able to open the information. "I'm in". "Goddam genius" He smiled pushing himself towards her sell.  

"Looks like he never did anything bad. He moved a lot of money around but nothing higher than a thousand pounds. Mmm, he moved money to a first-time account tho. Name's Leslie". "That's who was looking for" Jack smiled. "You're a genius!". "I know that" She moved the USB and gave it back to Jack who left to print the information they recovered. 

She stood up and walked towards the fridge to get the Ice coffee she bought in her way. She sat down once more at her desk and left the coffee on the table when a call appeared on her computer's screen. Confused she answered. She didn't get a lot of calls during work. 

"Hello?". "Wow... Ehh, You're Lexi, right?". "Yes. Who are you?". "I'm Ned. An associate of Spiderman-". "Is Peter okay?" She asked interrupting him. "Well-". "Hold on". She stood up and locked the door. She went back to the computer and looked at the guy. "Is he?". "Something like that". "Explain. Now". 

Ned proceeded to explain everything as fast as he could trying to keep up with Peter. "Hold on, Peter's driving?". "Yes?" He answered nervously. "He doesn't know how to drive, does he?". "No". "How could you let him drive!?". "He stole the car!". "Oh, Now he's a thief!" She sighed."My dad's gonna kill him". "Peter said to ask you to call Happy and inform him as Peter tries to fix this". He said to Lexi. "Okay, slow down. You're getting close. It's on your right. Turn right, turn right!. Peter! Are you okay?"

"He crashed the car didn't he?" Ned nodded not very sure. Lexi held her phone against her ear and waited for Happy to pick up. "It's been an honour, Spiderman. Hey Lexi?" The girl looked at him. "How do you know Happy?". "He's my dad's head of security" She answered calling Happy one more time. "You're Tony Stark's daughter!?". "What are you doing here?" Lexi looked at the screen when Ned turned around. "There's a dance".

Ned closed the laptop and cut the call. She explained to Happy everything Ned explained to her once he picked up. "And why are you hanging upon him?" She asked upset. "Happy, when he calls you, you're supposed to answer him and help him!". "Lexi you would be surprised at how many times he has called me to tell me stupids things". "Happy, you would be dead right now if he didn't call me" She rolled her eyes. "You need to listen more to him". "Lexi-". "You will listen more to him, will you?". "I-". "Will you?" He sighed. "Yes, Lexi". 

"Good. You kinda own him your job" Lexi chuckled. "I know it's hard Happy, but could you take care of him as much as you take care of me?". "Absolutely not". "Happy, I'm not asking. I don't need your protection anymore. So please take care of him". Happy muttered upset but after a few minutes of convening, he accepted. Lexi sighed leaving the phone aside. 

The life of a superhero never seemed to stop. She unlocked the door and kept working until Jack arrived. It was about lunchtime when she felt it. The warmth in her eyes of the power she couldn't control. "You can finish, right?". "Girlfriend problems?". "Something like that". "Yeah, sure. Go ahead". "Thanks, Jack!".

She took her purse and left the office in a hurry. She dropped the bag on the side of the building and looked at her hands. Her veins were glowing, but there were no energy balls creating or exploiting. She put a jacket on and tried to run as fast as she could back home as she tried to stop the yellow in her eyes. 

She threw the door of the apartment opened and ran inside. "Where's Wanda?". "In the shower". Vision said confused. She ran towards their room and opened the shower curtain not really caring about wetting the floor. "Help me". Wanda turned confused until she saw the girl's eyes. "I don't know how to stop it" She whispered. "It's okay, don't worry" Wanda let her fingers on her temples and let the magic run. 

"Does it hurt?". "No". "Good. That's an improvement". She let the magic on her temples until the yellow disappeared and red took over. "Did you make any progress?". "Not really. Today was kind of a weird day" She sighed. Wanda stopped the magic and watch her eyes turn green before continuing her shower. "Why was it weird?".

"Got a call from Peter's friend. Turns out Happy hang up on them and this dangerous guy tried to take over the plane". "What plane?". "It's moving day". "Oh! That plane!" She nodded. Lexi took Wanda's hand and made her turn around. She guided her hand at her temple and let Wanda's fingers touch her skin. 

"What are you doing?" She asked confused. "What do you feel?". "What?". "What do you feel?" She asked once more. Wanda jerked her head confused but did what she was told to do. She let the magic run once more and watch her eyes turn red as she snooped around her mind. "I just feel you". She said stopping. 

Lexi sighed and let Wanda's hand go as she sat down on the closed toilet. She covered her face with her hands for a few minutes before putting them down. "Come here" Wanda lifted her up and undressed her to then pulled her inside the shower and close the curtain. 

She massaged her back and washed her hair, maintaining the caresses until Lexi finally relaxed. "Do you have to go back to work?" Lexi shook her head. "Great. You can eat lunch with us". Both girls left the shower and got dressed in comfortable clothes. 

They left the room and had lunch while Vision talked with them. He told them everything that was happening with the Avengers before listening to the girls about everything that had happened to them. "I think you can help me". Lexi said. Wanda picked up the dishes as Lexi took Vision to her old room, where all her investigation was laying around. 

They went over her investigation a couple of times until they came up with different solutions. "We need to run a test". "I know. But these attacks happen very randomly. It's not like they have a specific hour of the day". Wanda entered the room with Lexi's mug of Stars and her favourite chocolate milk. "Somedays they don't even happen". Wanda said handing Lexi the mug. 

"What are you doing before the attacks happen?" Vision asked. "Random things". "Do they have anything in common?". Lexi kept silent as she tried to think about it. "Stress I think... Most of the time". "Okay, so we put you in a situation of stress". He said. "Great! For what?" Wanda asked confused. 

"If she has an attack while we monitor her we can see what's changing inside of her". "And if we Isolate it, the attacks stop". She said looking at the girl that smiled. "Isn't that dangerous?". Both geniuses looked at each other. "No". "Liar". "Maybe a little bit".