E I G H T E E N

"Okay, this is it" She whispered to herself as she stood in front of the door of the sanctum santorum

"Okay, this is it" She whispered to herself as she stood in front of the door of the sanctum santorum. She shook her head and moved her shoulders before she decided to knock on the door. Before she could, the door opened itself for her. She stepped inside unsure if that is what she was supposed to be doing. "Hello?" Nobody answered. 

She walked inside looking out for anybody that could be inside until she reached the main room. "How can I help you?" She turned around and at the top of the stairs, Wong was looking down at her. "I'm looking for the Sorcerer Supreme". "That would be me" He started to walk down the stairs. "What can I do for you". 

"I thought Strange was the Sorcerer Supreme" She mentioned confused. "Lot of people do, but that's for later". He reached the floor, gently moving his head at Lexi to invite her to talk about what she needed. "Right, I need information about my mother". "I'm sure any hospital could help you". "I don't think so". "Why not?". "I think... I think she's from another world". 

"Do you know?" He pointed at the chairs close to another door and invited her to sit down. Lexi explained why she thought about that. She also explained the visions that she used to have when the Avengers were a team back in the day. The sudden headaches, the magic that she couldn't control. She told him everything until Westview. She didn't want to go into detail about it, but she told him what she needed to know. 

But before he could help her, he needed to control whatever was happening downtown. He promised he would help once he was back, but also invited her to go with him. If there was a fight, they sure could use her powers. She wanted to say no, but her curiosity always got the best of her. 

Wong opened the portal and at the sight of the monster, he used his magic to help the girl. Lexi stepped on the portal just in time before it closed on her, just to have a giant octopus with no body and one eye looking at her. "This is not how I pictured my day going" She sighed. As the creature screamed, Wong ran towards it to finish it while Lexi stood with the girl. 

America ran as the creature tried to capture her, and within seconds she was on top of a building and Lexi was stopping the guy whose bike had been used to take the cloak of levitation from crashing head first on the floor. She reached Wong as they both looked at the monster whose eye had been ripped off. 

"Who's this?" Wong asked as Strange and the girl appeared "Yeah, I was gonna ask the same question. Hey, kid. What did that creature want with you?". "Where are your parents?". "Take her back to the Sanct... She took my slingie." He mentioned turning around and watching the girl as she ran away. 

"She took your slingie". Wong said. Lexi wanted to think he was amused at the situation because she was, but with him who knew? Wong opened a portal and they stepped into an ally. "I'm not gonna kill you, kid. I just bust my ass trying to save your life, remember?" she gave it back. "Giant monsters, I can clearly handle. But what bothers me, is that last night, you were in my dream". 

"That wasn't a dream. It was another universe". And as they left for a place for the girl to eat something, Lexi could only facepalm her forehead. This is not going how she wanted nor needed it to go.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══ 

"How much experience do you guys have with the Multiverse?". "We have experience with the Multiverse. Most recently, there was an incident with Spider-Man...". "What Man?". "Spider-Man. He has the powers of a spider". "Hence the name". "Gross. Does he look like a spider?". "No. More like a man". "Climbs walls, shoot webs". "Yeah. Bingo". "Out his butt?". "No. Maybe. I don't know. Honestly, I hope not". "Super weird". 

Well, she couldn't deny it. The pizza was good. But man she didn't need to be in more problems, not even the ones that had to do with the multiverse. She just needed Wong to give her information, that way she could be in her way. Of course, she understood a travel dimensional girl was far more important for the people who protect their universe, but she was only asking for ten minutes. 

"I'm from another universe. How do you know my stomach works the same as yours?". "I don't. I don't even know if you're from another universe. Which is why I'm still sitting here waiting for you to enlighten us". "La neta, de los Doctor Strange que he conocido, tu no eres mi favorito" Wong chuckled. "Which means?". "Este wey no habla español?". "Ni siquiera se si le gusta hablar ingles" He responded

"Look, I left a very nice wedding to save a smartass kid from getting eaten by an octopus". "Whose wedding?". "Tell me... Christine's". "You went?". "Holy shit. You married Christine?". "Do you mind?". "Yes, I do. No, I didn't. Yes. You need to explain to me what's going on. Why was that octopus trying to eat you?". "That thing was trying to kidnap me. It's like a henchman who works for a demon. All we knew is that they wanted to take my power for themselves". 

"What power?". "I can travel the Multiverse". "What?". "You can physically move from one universe to another?". "How?". "That's the problem. I don't know how. I can't control it. Only happens when I'm really, really afraid". "Okay. Did the other me know how to defeat this demon?". "Well, you just knew this magical book of pure good, that gives a sorcerer whatever they need to defeat their enemy". 

"The Book of Vishanti? It's not real. It's a fairy tale that doesn't exist". "Actually, it does. I found out in the secret book you get when you become Sorcerer Supreme". "Unbelievable". "You're not the Sorcerer Supreme?". "No, I am not the Sorcerer Supreme". "Other you was Sorcerer Supreme in his universe". "Although it does exist, the Book of Vishanti is said to be unreachable". "It is, except... we reached it. Then the demon caught up with us. I thought you'd protect me, but... You didn't". "That was the fight in my dream".

"That wasn't a dream". "Prove it" They paid for the Pizza and as they were walking where the girl guided them to where her proof was, Wong stood by her side. "I haven't forgotten about you," He said. "But I believe that your mother is not in this universe anymore". "How could you know that?". "When Thanos snapped his fingers not only did this world suffer. Every world across the universe lost people. And most of them are at war with each other. If your mother is truly alive, with all of them at war finding her will be almost impossible".       

"What do you suggest then?". "I think she could be the answer" He mentioned pointing at the girl. America took them to the top of a building and showed them her proof. "It wasn't a dream". Lexi took a sit at the edge of the building, letting the sorcerers do the job that they had in their hands. "That means... ". "Dreams are windows into the lives of our Multiversal selves". "That was his theory". "So that recurring nightmare where I'm running naked from a clown...". "Somewhere out there, it's real". "Somewhere out there, I had a ponytail". "Somewhere out there we're married living in the suburbs". Lexi thought as a smile broke on her face. 

"What do we do with him?". The sound of rocks moving brought Lexi's attention to them, but she quickly went back to her fantasy land. "That's gotta violate an ordinance". "I've buried worse". "The creature that killed him, did... did it have the same markings as the octopus?". "Runes". Lexi left her fantasy world to listen to their conversation. "This isn't sorcery". "It's witchcraft". And the gaze of both sorcerers fell on the girl who was sitting on the edge.