32

I was happy we found him. Suddenly I felt this peace of mind that I never had since entering the games. We all sat together on the beach in the Seventy-fifth arena. Trent had muttered "No wonder you two are still kicking. No one in they're right minds would choose to come in here".

Liam had winked at him after he said that but I don't think Trent noticed it. We both watched as Liam drew different numbers into the sand. "So, tomorrow we start off with arena Sixty-Four. Both arenas sixty four and three have knives. Plus, we know Fragrance has that one from the bloodbath".

I nodded. "So we'll have to attack at an angle that they can't throw to". 

Like, in a tree.

I felt Trent tusk and shake his head slightly. "Oh I'm n-"

Liam immediately cut him off. "Not killing. Yeah, we know".

I frowned, a little harsh. I gave Trent a small smile. "Don't worry. You can be lookout".

Just as I said that a small wind chime like whistle floated around us. I frowned at the silver capsule that landed directly in-front of me. A sponsor. So far, Finnick and Johanna have only sent them three times. All of those times we were in trouble, well excluding the poison ivy. 

Fuck it. I took a deep breath before opening it. My eyes lit up and I had to ask myself if they were real. Ten bread rolls, all of them had a 7  written in flour.  I sniffed the pure magic before picking up the note and placing the rolls on-top of Liam's makeshift map.

I felt my heart stop as I read it,

You're choosing wrong.

-J

Her voice suddenly entered my head. 'And in this game, wrong means death'.

Trent  cleared his throat. "Whose it from?".

I quickly looked up to both of they're expecting faces. The two of them blissfully engulfing a roll each. I frowned. "It's from Johanna".

They both immediately paused in confusion. It's completely out of character but not a lie. Before they could ask anymore questions I stood and walked up to the crashing waves on the shore. I bent down and watched as I soaked the note until it had disintegrated to nothing. 

I quickly joined back to the group. But I didn't bother looking at them as I grabbed a roll and started taking small bites.

...It tastes like bitter truth. 

I could feel Liam's eyes on me and Trent sighed. "What'd she say?".

I shrugged. "She didn't say anything, she just signed it".

I looked up and Liam's eyes narrowed in suspicion. He knows. He knows that Johanna and Finnick never not say something. But Trent probably hasn't had any sponsors before. He wouldn't have a clue.

Trent nodded. "Right. Should we thank her?"

I blanched. "Thank her?!?".

He nodded again and bumped my arm. "She didn't have to send anything you know".

I bit my lip in annoyance. Damn right she didn't have to!. And we shouldn't thank her for it, especially not Trent. I flipped my hair to the side and stared down my roll. "We're not thanking her because...because sponsors don't work that way".

Liam raised his eyebrows in concern and amusement. Probably because that's exactly how sponsors work. 

"You asleep?".

I felt myself glare up at those sea green eyes I love so much. "Was gettin' there".

He smirked and leaned up a bit to check Trent was asleep before looking at me pointedly. "Was it really only Johanna who signed it?".

I rested my head back down onto his chest and sighed. "Yep".

I felt his lips kiss my temple as he whispered. "How bad was it?".

I frowned. "Pretty bad. She thinks I'll die if I stick it out with Trent".

Liam instantly sat up, pulling me with him. He looked livid. "She told you that?".

I shrugged. "More or less".

Liam ran his hand through his hair as if he had to find a solution to world hunger. "Why would she say that?".

I frowned and drew a small circle in the sand. "Probably because he has a score of seven and would choose to be killed over kill".

He frowned. "You know, you're mum's kind of a...bitch".

I giggled and shook my head. "Yeah well, I wasn't going to say anything. But you're dad's kind of an asshole".

We both instantly started laughing only to stop instantly because of Trent. We stared back at each other with amusement faces. Until Liam's features softened and he cupped my cheek. "Screw 'em. We'll be okay, there's nothing wrong with an extra set of eyes".

I nodded. "Yeah, we'll be okay".

But with only six tributes left besides ourselves, I felt like the odds weren't exactly in our favour. 

How many more days does that leave us with until only one of us is left standing?!?...