Chapter Fourteen

A/N: WARNING!!! This chapter may contain inappropriate wordings and scenes that might be uncomfortable for others to read. Take note. You've been warned, don't say I didn't. Now proceed with the story. Enjoy!

The Mysterious Guy

Harley Rowan Moore

-

[October 20, 2018 - Saturday]

Have you ever thought that life is sometimes unfair? I know that life is not meant to be fair. It never was, and will never be always fair, but have you ever thought of that?

A lot of people complain about how life is unfair and how things went bad in their life. But hey, life was meant to be so, you just have to embrace it and not take it as the cake you can always have.

If life is fair, then why am I running in the middle of the bustling city of Houston like my life is in the line. Which is! Because my curious-ass can't keep to mind its own business and chose to eavesdrop.

Now two villain-wannabes are chasing my tail like there's no tomorrow and I'm starting to feel tired running, while the both of them look like they can still run until the end of the world.

I really need to stop being a sass and start thinking of ways for them to lose sight of me.

Struggling to keep my breathing steady, I'm beginning to feel my legs buckling up due to exhaustion, making me stumble on my feet and bump into the person in front of me.

Mentally apologizing to the person, as I continue to run my way out of this misery.

God if you're out there can you please help me out of this, I'm getting tired here and I still don't want to die. I'm too young to die and I still want to experience how to love and be loved.

"Please stop following me!" I plead at them, attempting to make them feel guilty or something.

I was weaving my way through the crowd, hoping for a miracle and for someone to help me get out of this mess when I heard a row of shopping carts being trampled down behind my back.

Trying to figure out what happened after passing the supermarket, a man grabs my hand and drags me faster away from the scene.

The man in front of me is well-dressed in a black leather jacket and white shirt that fits him perfectly and partnered with jeans that hugged his thighs making it more prominent to look at and paired with black combat shoes. 

The way his short dark-brown hair and the way he holds my hands with such warmth into it remind me of someone I should not be thinking about right now because I'm in the middle of a crisis, trying to avoid death.

While trying to figure out who helped me and dragging me away from my pursuers. A gunshot snapped me back from reality. Making me almost tripped by my own stupidity. 

"Merde! We need to get out of here fast!" Said the stranger, who still holds my hand like he's scared of losing me.

Wait. I recognize that voice. That thick velvety fog voice that draws you in like a magnet. It makes you want to hear more of it. To lull you to sleep by whispering sweet nothings into your ears.

Therron?

If this is Therron, the Hot Damn French Boy who always makes my heart race and gives me butterflies in my stomach.  The very boy that makes me want to kiss him senseless, why is he here?

Helping me will put him in jeopardy. Why is it that every time he shows up, I'm in danger? But, at the same time, I'm grateful that he's there to save me. If this stranger is him, I should refrain from calling his name, or else the goons will know who he is. 

But why does everything that's going on right now feel like deja vu?