Chapter Nine

Eula 'Ms. Always Right' Wilkins

Harley Rowan Moore

-

[September 29, 2018 - Saturday]

3:30 PM

"So basically what you're saying is..." she started and I nod, urging her to continue. "That the guy you confessed your love to way back in the middle school is here, right on this day, in Texas, and working at the Burger Point near the junction?! And what's more, he is out-of-school and you wanted to know why?!" Eula recounted in one-breathe and almost shouting. Now, I am doubting if this is the right person to talk to about this situation.

After meeting up with Dominick, due to my mother's wishes; I learned many things that happened to him these past few years we've been not in touch. Like the things he wanted to say to me to clear everything about that time I confessed to him, and that he still accepts me as his friend.

I went straight to meet up with Eula and to get her advice about it. I told her everything that happened during my encounter with Dominick. I also fill her up about what happened to my past with him, which I hide for many years and swore to never tell a soul.

Right now she is processing all of the information I just dump at her. She got angry at first because I didn't tell her about Dominick. Well, she can't blame me for not telling her! I just wanted to move on fast and forget about him.

"Why do you need to know the reason?! I thought you are done about him?" She asked, confusion evident to her voice.

"Yes." I sighed. "But that was before. Right now we are just friends again."

"You worrying about him, can give him a false-signal Harley." She says as she slumps in her seat, looking dead straight at me.

"False-signal?" I quizzed, making her sit straight up and face me.

"False-signal, meaning you making him wonder what this help you're doing is and giving him a wrong idea. What if he falls for you and then your life with Therron will be much more complicated than what it is today. Then my ship will be ruined!" She explains, throwing her hands up in the air. Rolling my eyes at her dramatic attitude as I bite the inside of my cheeks, holding back sassy comments.

"But he is straight as a ruler Eula, and he made it clear to me that he just treats me as his brother nothing more." I grumble as I cross my arms on my chest. 

"Rulers can be bent." she shoots back. "So there's a possibility of him to go for the same team." 

"As if!" I huffed. "Look, I just want to help him, but if all the things are going in the wrong direction, then I will stop helping him and keep a distance." I reassured her.

Everything about me and Dominick is all in the past. I don't have any more feelings towards him. All I just wanted to is to help him, that's all.

"You're just saying all of that right now, but once this all got out of hand. Run. Get out and Don't come back, because not only him you're going to hurt but also Therron." She warned.

"Tell me." I asked her, making her snap her head towards me. "Did you heard what we were talking about?" Her eyes widened at my question.

"Talking about what?" She asked, not looking straight into my eyes and rubbing her arms indicating she knows something or was lying.