Chapter 16.

My day begins simply. I wake up, have a cup of coffee, and make my way to U.A. for the day.

To teach, of course.

My name is Aizawa Shouta, AKA Eraser Head, and I have a soft spot for a student, for the first time in my teaching career.

Y/N is... difficult.

She's rude. Refuses to address me properly. She picks fights with other students. Aggressive. She is quirkless; the very antithesis to the imagery society holds for a 'hero.'

Yet, I can't seem to get her out of my head. Maybe I feel bad for her. As far as I can understand, she has a bad home life. But... I'm not too sure.

Now. This day began differently.

I awoke from a deep slumber. Dressed in a hospital gown. Blinking my eyes, I saw Y/N and a nurse. I couldn't quite hear what they said, but moments later a horde of doctors entered my room. After checking me over, I quickly dismissed them, insisting I was fine.

"What can you remember?" The nurse questioned me.

I remembered up to when Shigaraki was about to kill Y/N, and I stopped him. No... up to when she said something to me.

'I'm so fucking sorry I didn't do anything sooner, I'm so so fucking sorry Shouta...'

Sooner? She shouldn't have done anything at all. She should have stayed safe. She should have left me.

"My student saved me. Everything up to that point. However, I was unconscious for a while beforehand." I attempted to recount.

"Could you remind me of what happened anyways, please?" I asked of her. She proceeded to detail the fight; Y/N running out and punching Shigaraki, fighting him, then that Nomu thing. And saving me.

Had I gotten that weak to the point where a quirkless student had to save me?

No. To the point where a student had to save me.

"Are you okay, Sir?" The nurse wanted to make sure.

"I'm thankful she saved me... but she shouldn't have risked herself like that. Could you get her for me please?" She made a sorrowful face, before smiling and going, presumably to get Y/N.

"How you feeling?" She asked, donning a hospital gown herself.

"Fine." I said bluntly.

'Stop being so rude, Shouta.'

"How're your eyes?" She asked sweetly.

"Fine." I avoided eye contact.

'Don't be like this. She saved me.'

"Aizawa. What's up?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I heard from the nurse what happened. You shouldn't have done that."

"Done what?" She scoffed at my assholery.

"Rushed in like that. You're lucky you're alive. You could've gotten seriously hurt. You could have died."

'Go easy on her.'

"I shouldn't have saved you? I should have left you there? Is that what you're saying?" She was starting to get angry, understandably. I was pushing her away out of selfishness.

"You should have ran. Look, it's my fault. I shouldn't have let a child get so close to me-"

"I'm not a child, Aizawa. What is it?"

"I shouldn't have let you get attached like that. It leads to a situation like this."

'Stop.'