Chapter 1

Lenas POV

I woke up and looked out my window as I usual do in the morning it calms me and keeps me from exploding at my mother she's a bit much I mean she purchased slaves well technically their servants but it's basically slavery that's how their treated and it's so infuriating because their people too they have feelings and don't deserve to be treated the way they do but mother insisted on me getting my own personal servant I don't even know what to do with them like just make them sit and watch me I don't know I have to go meet my mom and brother in the throne room in a couple minutes to meet them I don't want to. I should ask my friends if they want to hang out they'll cheer me up they always do. I looked at the time and started walking to the thrown room once I entered my mother has a scowl on her face would it kill her to smile "Lena your late" "sorry" I said with my head down I don't want to cause any problems not today anyways "bring them in" my mother said with power and authority the doors opened I sat up straight and a bunch of people entered elders teens even children this made me sick my mother looked at them all to choose which one was mine "you with the blond hair" there was only one girl with blond hair she raised her head and straighten her posture "yes your majesty" she bowed "you are my daughters personal servant what ever she wants is hers understand" she nodded "yes your majesty" she looked at me with her blue eyes they were beautiful I've never seen anyone with such deep blue eyes "may I leave mother" she didn't even look at me she just nodded so I left the blond followed me quietly I didn't speak I didn't know what to say the silence was very awkward it's only been 2 minutes and I already hate this I looked back at the girl to try and figure her out she seemed shy does whatever she is told she seems distant she isn't trying to start a conversation we walked past a little boy and an elderly woman cleaning the boy looked at me and flinched he knocked over a vase but before It hit the floor the blond girl caught it I was amazed how fast she moved "carful Jake I'm so sorry your highness" before I could say it was completely fine my servant spoke for the first time "he didn't mean to your highness he's just a boy if someone is in trouble it's me I did it" the boy clung to her leg "Kara what did I tell you about doing that" the elderly lady spoke quietly Kara that was her name suits her "no one is in trouble nothing broke even if it did no one would notice it's no big deal Kara bent down to the boys height "be carful ok Jake" he hugged her "I'm sorry Kara" she picked him up "don't apologize Jake I'm not mad I just don't want you getting hurt" what did she mean hurt "but what if they do" he was just a scared little boy "I won't let them ok I promise If anything happens you come find me" he nodded she set him down and continued to walk with me "so your names Kara" she looked up from the floor "um yes your highness" "you can call me Lena if you'd like" she nodded really not much of a talker "so who's the little boy" I could see a smile about to form but she stopped herself "his name is Jake he's 8 years old I've known him since he was 6 he's shy but he wasn't when it came to me we kinda bonded in a way I always protected him he's just a kid no one deserves it" what was she talking about "deserves what" she looked down and closed her eyes for a minute "it doesn't matter" I didn't want to ask since she was actually talking to me even if I'm the one who started the conversation we got to my room I sat on my bed she just stood at my door "I don't bite you can come sit down" she fiddled with her sleeves "we're not aloud to sit on a royals bed it's against the rules" I furrowed my eyebrows "rules?"
"Well yeah servants can't do a lot of things if we break the rules...well things don't go well" I didn't even know that "well my friends are coming over later you'll love them their great come on" I was so excited I grabbed her hand and started running outside we went out by the garden to wait for my friends this was the first time I actually got a good look at Kara she has long blond locks that shine in the sun she has deep blue eyes and I can kinda see a small smile form she has muscle you wouldn't think a girl like her would she took a breath and a real smile formed it was beautiful I mean she was cute her smile was cute "you like the outdoors?" "Yeah I always did" I smiled "me too" we sat there for a minute till we heard voices Karas smile fell she straighten her posture and held her head low like she did earlier my friends came up the hill "hey guys" they all smiled and came up to me "so this is my servant" I hated saying it like that it's like It hurt saying those words "Kara these are my friends Wynn, James, Lucy and Maggie Kara knew who Lucy was and bowed "your majesty" Lucy didn't see that coming "oh please call me Lucy" Kara smiled it wasn't the same as earlier tho it was fake I can change that she just needs to get to know them "what do you guys want to do" Wynn smiled "volley ball 3 against 3 me James and Maggie you Kara and Lucy" I looked over to Kara she seemed surprised "you want me to play?" Wynn tilted his head like it was obvious "well duh" she smiled for real this time even if it was small I really hoped she liked my friends not that it mattered but it would be nice.