Chapter 8

Karas POV

I can't believe I was at a ball with my crush ok so maybe I fell for her how can you not she's caring beautiful smart funny welcoming and I'm gonna stop now but I can't be with her it wouldn't work she's to be queen plus she wouldn't have feelings for me I'm just her servant she is drop dead gorgeous in that dress I don't even know how my hearts still in my chest I don't need super hearing to hear my heart beating a mile a second red is so her colour she tells me mines blue Alex used to tell me that all the time I can always remember "Alex what do I wear I don't know what to dooooo helpppp" Alex broke in a fit of laughter "that's not funny Alex I need help" she stood up went in Karas closet and pulled out a blue summer dress "when in doubt go with blue it's your colour"  Kara smiled at her sister and hugged her "Kara Kara" she let go "sorry sorry gotta be more careful with that" the sisters looked at each other and started laughing and throwing pillows at one another "Kara" "Kara earth to Kara" I snapped out of the memory "sorry what" Maggie was in front of me holding 2 drinks "here, you ok" I took it "yeah I'm fine just thinking" she leaned on the table ignoring the weird looks she is definitely not proper but that's one of my favourite things of her "about" she encouraged me to talk "just my sister I haven't seen her in years I miss her" she smile turned to a frown "I'm sorry I don't mean to pry" I snapped my eyes to look in hers "no no your not it feels good to say it" my eyes automatically moved to Lena "so I'm not the only rainbow am I" it took me a minute because I've never heard that term only once I looked away back to Maggie she has a devilish smirk on her face "perhaps your not" she looked at Lena and back at me "well go talk to her"
"No she's talking with a bunch of royalty I'm just a servant I shouldn't even be here but Lena made me I don't fit in here Maggie she's meant to be with royalty not me" I looked down at my feet "you think I belong here Kara I'm a village girl I'm leaning on a table getting dirty looks for not being proper but I don't care because you and the group are my people Lena is your people now go get the girl before I push you into her" wow hell of a speech "ok I can do this right" I looked at Maggie hoping she will stop me "hell yeah you do now go get her" I walked towards Lena she was talking with Lucy and some other princess "hey" I tried to sound bold but sounded as quiet as a mouse "hey Kara this is Lois Lucy's sister" I walked closer to Lena "oh I didn't know you had a sister Lucy" she rolled her eyes "because she's not so happy with it so she doesn't tell anyone makes her feel better that people don't know I exist even if they do" Lucy was about to hit her I mean that's what I looked like when I wanted to hit Alex except I couldn't because I could send her to space and believe me I wanted to multiple times "hey Lucy you should come over here with me James and Maggie" Winn came over dragging the younger Lane away it was just me and Lena rao this is nerve racking we talked and laughed shared memory's "I'm telling you she looked like she died and came back" we were both laughing "I wish I could have scared Lex that bad what did you do" she took a sip of her wine "I put on a mask of a clown and let's say she wasn't happy with me after if Eliza wasn't there she would have killed me" well tried to kill me she would have punched steal which she has done multiple times a man walked towards us "evening lady's" I recognized that voice anywhere I tensed up and held in my tears "hi who might you be" she bowed to Lena and smirked at me "my name is prince William but you already know that don't you Kara" don't cry don't cry you are better then him don't let him win I put a smile on my face and bowed "your majesty" Lena must have caught on who he was "you know that's a fancy dress for a servant" Lena stepped infront of me "I suggest you walk away before you can't" she said quietly so only the three of us could hear "got yourself another bodyguard Kara don't worry she will leave you soon enough like everyone did you'll be left alone and humiliated you don't think she really wants to be your friend do you" I looked down he started to laugh "oh I can't wait to see you all over the news again" Lena was about to start something but I grabbed her hand and dragged her away "no don't it's what he wants I'm not even supposed to be here so let's not rise suspicion" I didn't look in her eyes I would break she put her hand under my chin and lifted it "Kara..." I could feel my eyes watering "excuse me" I walked to the bathroom damn it damn it Kara he is not worth it he is not worth your tears what would Alex do bad example she would beat him to death the door opened and he walked in "this is the woman's restroom get out" I made sure I was loud enough and didn't sound scared I couldn't show him that "but you see no one is here to stop me you don't really love her do you so you really think she would ever love someone like you and her friends please they just pity you your worthless and all alone no one to save you" he kicked me I fell to the ground I saw his hand go up so I closed my eyes ready for impact but I never felt it "I suggest you leave this castle quickly before the guards throw you in the dungeon then you'll be dealing with me" he left in a hurry "Kara..." I heard a whisper but I was afraid to open my eyes "it's me it's ok I'm sorry I shouldn't have left you alone with that monster in the castle" I still said nothing I felt a pair of arms wrap around me I tensed up at first but relaxed hearing her soft voice "I've got you no one will hurt you I promise" I hugged her tight when I let go the girls were there "hey what the hell happened"
"Prince William went after Kara" they both looked at each other "don't do anything I know that look please I'm ok he just brought back old memories" they all looked at each other and nodded "fine"
Maggie helped me up I stumbled trying to put pressure on my leg "woah carful how hard did he hit you" I regained balance with Maggie's help "oh it's nothing to worry about I'm fine let's go enjoy the ball" I'm not fine I swear he was wearing steel toes or something but I won't say anything I don't want to be a Burden I mean this is a party a ball for Lena so I will suck it up. Maggie looks suspicious but walks with me out she has her arm locked with mine I have a feeling she knows it's worse then what I said I'll thank her later for the rest of the night I stuck with Maggie and sometimes Lena when she came over I wasn't gonna walk around everywhere although I was in pain I still enjoyed myself but I honestly couldn't wait to go to sleep even if It's on cold ass concrete.