(2) Third Times The Charm

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°

Being pretty was hard.

If someone said those words to you months earlier— you probably would've thrown your 10 step skin care routine right at their face with all your might. Who the hell complains about being pretty?

Having said that, it's pretty ironic though that you became that person. Now, you 100% understood those people after all the work you went through to look like this.

The constant habits you'd have to break, the stupid workouts that made your legs ache like crazy, the money you had to spend to dress like those pinterest girls.

Those people were right. Being pretty was hard.

And all for the wrong reasons.

You couldn't help grin to yourself as soon as you saw the awestruck look on your cousin's faces. You didn't just do a whole full face makeup routine inside the crushed Spirit Airline bathroom for nothing.

They were shocked by you.

You didn't look the same.

You were a totally new girl.

Those two weren't the first people with those reactions. The lady checking your passport had to look you up and down at least three times before deeming you as the same girl on your passport. And then, on the plane, the boy sitting behind you asked you for your number. No one has ever done that in a serious way to you! Of course, the guy looked a little too old— so you had to reject.

Then, it was the shocked look on Tsumu and Samu's face when they saw you. It was just like that saying, third times the charm. And you were beyond pleased with yourself.

It's totally working.

"Hi guys!" Your grin widened once you were able to reach the twins, finally letting the carrier sit on its own as you approached the two.

Their facial expressions only switched over to look more confused, but you dismissed it. You didn't want people to point out the change in you, but only admire it. So you directed the upcoming conversation elsewhere. You pointed a finger over to Osamu enthusiastically.

"Oh my gosh, you totally grew an inch!"

That made the two manage to snap out of their shock. And Atsumu bursted out in laughter. Soon enough his laugh brought a wave of relief over you, as you beamed in pride at the joke.

Osamu only shook his head with a dismissive smile. "Yeah, missed you too, cuz."

Instantly, Atsumu threw an arm around you, pulling you close as the smile never left his face. "Aww, look at our little Y/N! She's all grown up now and flyin' by herself..."

His words only brought you war flashbacks to the god awful 17 hour flight. You shuddered at the thoughts, as you turned to look up at Atsumu. "I'm never doing that again, I thought people were joking about how bad that plane was— but it was all the truth..." You began to cringe, turning now to look over at Osamu. "They changed some baby's diaper on the aisle! And then they just left the diaper there!"

Now, it was the twins' turn to shudder. They took a step away from you, Atsumu finally letting go of the side hug.

"Dude, you could totally be diseased or somethin'." Osamu pointed out, staring at your hands as if you were out there touching the diaper.

You shot them a "really?" look, while planting your hands on your hips. "Hey, I'm totally clean." You defended, pointing to the carrier right next to you. "I keep sanitary wipes on me, thank you very much."

"Nah, you totally caught somethin. You smell a little bit..." Atsumu added, he grabbed the handle of the carrier, extending it so he could start rolling it. With his other hand he waved it around you, taking dramatic sniffs as if he couldn't describe the scent.

"Tsumu..." You deadpanned, not liking his little act that he had going on. Nevertheless though, he continued.

"No, no. Wait, I'm getting it." He interrupted, taking some more dramatic sniffs before snapping his finger. "I got it. You smell like—"

"Shit." Osamu interjected, shrugging as he went to your other side. "She was near a loaded diaper anyways."

Atsumu laughed, nodding along as he finally started walking, rolling the carrier along as you and Osamu followed. "Jeez, Y/N. You're totally gonna need a shower when we get home."

As expected, those two started to poke as much fun at you as they could. Literally things that you didn't even pay attention to, like climbing up the stairs, were made fun of by those two. 

You stuck your tongue out at him, as you shot back at them quickly. "Says the one who probably doesn't shower after practice. I know damn well you both threw some axe on and called it a day."

"At least we're not smelly." Osamu replied instantly, shrugging.

"I smell great." You dismissed, "you guys on the other hand, I don't know, pretty embarrassing..." Your voice trailed on as the two laughed at your reply.

"Whatever, ya' dummy." Osamu pushed your back to walk faster, "let's go get the rest of your bags."

Collecting suitcases on those stupid roller things might've been the most dreadful thing to do, but with your two cousins, it sounded a little fun. This whole area seemed so nostalgic to you, the warm air from outside gusting inside the airport as you walked, the stupid broken AC that no one ever fixed after 3 years, or the stray cats that would manage to crawl inside from the open doors. Those little things really made it felt like home.

Truly speaking, you were happy.

"Hey, Y/N..." Atsumu started, breaking you away from your thoughts. You looked up at him, but he was focused on what was in front of him. When he sensed that he caught your attention, he spoke again. "You know, you look different."

Different could be used in many ways. Like a backhanded compliment, or a way to describe change. With all the teases that those boys threw at you, you wouldn't be surprised if he was being sarcastic. You thought about his words for a moment, before turning back to look in front of you.

"Is it a good kind of different?" You finally asked, hoping for the right answer.

Seconds lingered, as your question floated around in the air. Finally, Osamu turned to look at you. He flashed a reassuring smile as he gave you a playful shove.

"Of course it is."

Third times are definitely the charm.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°

SO for humor reasons let's pretend Spirit Airlines flies to Asia as well!!